Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Riding around Bristol for a newbie (girl)
  • SOAP
    Free Member

New girl- friend is keen to start riding, looking for some trails around bristol.
    Wanna break her in nicely rather than draging the poor girl around the Q’s or cwmcarn
    Any surgestions would be cool
    Cheers

TooTall
    Free Member

Wait until it freezes / early summer and take her around Ashton Court / Leigh Woods. She won’t thank you for the muddy gloop that is there at the moment.

rOcKeTdOg

“breaking new girlfriend in, help required” would have been a much better thread title!

Moses

If she hardly rides a bike at all, I’d say take her around the easy tracks in Leigh Woods and the cycle track by the river.

SOAP
    Free Member

I don’t think she has every real rode as such..

I rode The Forest Of Dean a couple of Years ago and thought it pretty tame and all weather.
    Anyone been there lately ?

emsz
    Free Member

Leigh woods and Ashton court seem like the obvious answers or 50 acre. Make sure your new g/f is happy to get v muddy though.

How about pub and back on some quiet country lanes?

trickydisco
    Free Member

it’s weird as I think ashton court is quite technical (very rooty /slippy in places) So I took my girlfriend to cwm carn. We did the road up to the top.

She loved it. I then took her to ashton court and she struggled. She said it seemed harder and more technical

IA

Would ditto trickydisco – thing about twisty singletrack like in ashton court is you can’t see what’s coming up. The mental issues are generally harder to overcome than the physical ones for someone starting out. Seeing what’s coming up is a big deal.

Earl
    Free Member

Bristol MTB club do a girls ride on Sat around the local woods. Nice bunch.

MrAgreeable

As Earl says, get her out on the Bristol MTB Club girls ride. Jane et al are a lovely lot and she won’t feel pressured. If she’s a total beginner then a nice scenic ride round the wide waymarked tracks in Leigh Woods should pique her interest.

Flashy
    Free Member

Or even better contact the Cheesy Riders. Mark’s super beginners rides are aimed to ride as the slowest rider and you’ll find a small crowd of similarily new-ish riders.

http://www.thecheesyriders.co.uk

and you can join via Facebook (whatever that is)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Riding around Bristol for a newbie (girl)’ is closed to new replies.