Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Riding around Abriachan/Inverness: anyone know any good riding routes?
  • Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

I have a week in June based at Abriachan nr Inverness. Not sure weather to take my road bike or cx. Any locals care to offer any routes?

BB

epicyclo

CX, and don’t miss Rory’s cafe on the Great Glen Way.

angusaitken
    Free Member

Riding at abriachan is pretty decent – see http://www.abriachan.org.uk/downloads/mountain.pdf for trail map.

for mtb check out learn and golspie.

for road bike there are some brilliant roads on the south side of loch ness above dores.

don’t live up that way any more so can’t help any further but if i was you i would try to squeeze both bikes in

Nick-Scots
    Free Member

You ned to ride Balblair, great natural feeling black route with oodles of rock slabs and features.

CraigW
    Free Member

There are plenty of nice roads around there. Though if you’re starting from Abriachan, there will be some steep hills up and down. Just avoid the A82, it is horrible, especially in the summer.

You can head west towards Beauly and Cannich, nice minor roads up Strathfarrar or Glen Cannich. And Glen Affric is nice, but can get busy with tourist traffic. Or head up the Black Isle towards Cromarty, plenty of quiet routes.

sonofozzz1
    Free Member

Whatever you do you must go to golspie.It’s an hour or so from Inverness. Imo it’s the best trail centre there is. Ride the black route.
    Bal Lionel Blair is good but seemed to be more about the climbing than anything else. I was hoping for more payback and felt a bit disappointed with it after riding golspie the day before. Only ridden it once, and only one side of it though.
    Been back to golspie 4 times and always have to do two laps. It is so good.

Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

Thanks everyone, I shall take a look at the recommendations.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Riding around Abriachan/Inverness: anyone know any good riding routes?’ is closed to new replies.