• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by rs.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Riding and recovery and days not riding etc.
  • davidtaylforth
    Free Member

How often should you not ride your bike?

My legs felt pretty dead today on the road ride, is it wise to often have a day or two off the bike to allow the legs to recover a bit?

djglover
    Free Member

Go ded slow tomorrow, will be just as good as a day off

pedalhead
    Free Member

I think the amount of rest required will depend on the individual and the amount & intensity of exercise you’re doing. No doubt though, rest time is when you get fitter, so it’s kind of important. Personally, if my legs are feeling dead I take that as a sign I need more rest & cut the ride short.

jam-bo

I think that would be a nice dilemma to have.

iDave
    Free Member

Why will it?

And if it’s as good as a day off, why not have a day off?

I train hard and allow a proper recovery. I might have 1 or 3 days between ride, but swim or do weights etc. Until muscle is repaired there’s little point in damaging it again.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

No chance, I try and do that but unless the weather is beautiful and Im riding with some friends then it doesnt happen.

I’ve decided I’m not going to ride my bike for at least two days, should get some quality TV time in.

rs
    Free Member

Lots of carbs after the ride to get energy straight back into your muscles. I’ve been doing a lot of riding as well as a few other things and it’s keeping me going, I also take some protein before bed.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Riding and recovery and days not riding etc.’ is closed to new replies.