Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Riding and blood pressure meds?
  • bigbloke
    Free Member

Been put on blood pressure meds 5mg Amlodipine daily. Not been the best at taking them but taken them everyday for last 2 months, so all ok. Or is it, I am no athlete but I feel like my rides are harder for me so as an experiment I have stopped them for a few days and had a ride on the bike which felt better. So is this in my head only or do others on similar meds feel this?. Views?.

Murr
    Free Member

have been on lercanadipine for 10 years , have had more good runs than bad , best keep taking them .

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Ramipril 10mg and Bendroflumethiazide (think I spelt that right) 2.5 mg. Been on them since 2008. Never found a cause for it. Spent 18 months under a Endocrinologist at Salford Royal to try and find a cause. Was noticed pre op for Hernia Surgery. 197/117 has been it’s peak.

I check my bp every morning as sometimes both tablets give me Postural Hypotension. But that’s only now and again if I don’t drink enough fluids.

Blood pressure maintained at 120/60 with meds.

Doesn’t bother me. Avoiding Caffeine or at least reducing intake and regular exercise keeps your blood pressure at the correct level.

The only side effects I get is a dry cough when I started Ramipril itchy skin and with the bendro it does drop it a bit low sometimes that’s why I check it every morning and won’t take it if my Systolic (higher number) is below 110.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Amlodipine gave a seriously bad back – so much so that I only got a few hours sleep each night. I even bought a new mattress thinking that was the problem. Then I read the leaflet, stopped taking them and within a week I was as good as new. The doc found me another unpronounceable tablet to replace them with.

mikesbikes71
    Free Member

Hi been on lercandipine and doxosozin for last year. Both ace inhibitors. Overall I’ve never felt better or fitter but if I take them on the morning of a ride or trip to gym then it’s like someone’s drained all the energy out of my muscles. So much so if I take them before I ride to work I can feel them hit 30 mins into the ride. So I just take them after I get there. I’m usually ok for exercise by mid afternoon. But that side effect is worth it for the benefits.

youngrob

I’ve been taking 5mg Lisinopril for the last 5 years and not noticed any difference either way. The high blood pressure diagnosis was a bit of a shock but I was going through a divorce so not surprised I was stressed. I’m good at taking the tablets when I have them but I feel like it’s a whole big con as I didn’t feel bad when diagnosed and still feel the same now that everything is supposedly ok. I’m pretty thankful that I don’t have to pay for my prescriptions, living i Scotland, or I might question the whole thing in a bit more detail.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Riding and blood pressure meds?’ is closed to new replies.