Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Riding advice required – Carvoeiro, Algarve, Portugal
  • Mascy
    Free Member

Am off there in a couple of weeks, for a week. Does anyone have any suggestions of places to go to / avoid if I’m out on the road bike…?

Can’t find much on it other than a few Strava road segments – although I spy there is an 800m HC climb out of Lagoa which might well feature in a few of my rides….

Cheers all

Mister-P
    Free Member

I went there 6 years ago. Wish I had taken a bike, I might not have come home with a pregnant (now ex) girlfriend.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

It’s inland a bit from where you are but the Serra de Monchique, centred round the village of Monchique, is a really beautiful, lush, range of hills with a kind of tropical microclimate going on. Quite different from the coast. Lots of cork oak and eucalyptus forests.

I did a day’s mountain bike hire there a few years back when I was on a package holiday in Albufeira. Well worth the trip from the coast.

Schweiz
    Free Member

Take the back roads to Silves and then M502 followed by N267 to Monchique. Plenty of nice roads around there.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Riding advice required – Carvoeiro, Algarve, Portugal’ is closed to new replies.