Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • Ridiculous names
  • Pigface
    Free Member

I know we did this a few weeks ago but have just been in a meeting with……. Mr Brownsword my idiot collegue just lost it and couldnt speak for the whole sorry affair.

clubber
    Free Member

LOL.

We named a (rowing) boat "Brownsword" at uni which always raised a smile.

As did "F.Kinell", particularly when we convinced the gullible freshers that Frederick Kinell was a well known benefactor of the uni.

belgianbob

I went to college with a Mr (first name deleted for legal reasons) Brownsword.
    He didn't find it funny, but that was his loss.

Once had (no, not like that) a supply teacher called Miss Sex. Really.
    She didn't last long…

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

i had a abrasive wheels lesson with mr. cockburn – pronouced mr coburn

i used to go to school with a girl called anita chagger!! im not lying she is even my friend on Facebook!

infidel
    Free Member

When I was 14 the doctor who sorted out my broken leg was called Dr Love. I chuckled (OK sniggered) and said "Hi Dr Luurve" which went down like a tonne of the proverbial.

GlennG
    Free Member

Got an engineering consultant we use at work called Dick Feast, always makes me snigger like a school boy when I hear his name.

carlosg
    Free Member

When mrs carlos was young her dad did some work with the local scouts the leader was a mr christmas nothing unusual there but he married a lady called mary 😆 , if I were her i'd have changed my first name.

khegs
    Free Member

At school there was a girl a couple of years above me, called Anna Lingus, which was unfortunate, pre internet though, so I guess the parents hadn't been thinking when they christened her.

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

I work were there is a Sowerbutts (and they make a habit it's pronounced sourbutts). Unfortunate.

allthepies
    Free Member

Went to school with an "Aeneas Swords", I kid you not!

uplink
    Free Member

I know an Ian Littler

It was quite funny at school [& similar] when his initial & surname were called out

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

I know a Mr Cheesemore

surfer
    Free Member

I used to work with Dan Dare! Really.

Aidan
    Free Member

I met a teacher called Guy Fawkes last week. Nice guy, but he thinks that home fireworks should be banned on eco grounds.

And I've recently come across some top first names including: Precious, Dimple, Gifty, and Cosmic.

Oh, dear.

meehaja
    Free Member

There;s a doctor at St James, Leeds called doctor toogood. I think he's a surgeon, if anyone is cutting me open i want it to be him!

I also went to school with a girl who's first name was lesley and second name anne. To make things worse, her surname was an abbreviated term for a prostitute.

thepurist

I worked in the same company as a Richard Sizer, and yes he did call himself Dick.

mefty
    Free Member

meehaja, there is indeed I was at university with him and he was a very good cricketer.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I knew a guy from Barclays who used to sort out deceased folks estates called David Angel.
    I was looking through the phonebook once looking for a mate's number & came across someone called Mr Wardrobe.

uplink
    Free Member

GlennG
    Free Member

Uplink, thanks for that, I have just got some odd looks from others in the office as I almost p1ssed myself reading that, class 😀

nedrapier

We've got an A. Dikshit in India.

k'snurkk

tyger
    Free Member

Used to work with a Belgium called Bert Sars (and his wife's name…Gloria!!)

Macgyver

My sister used to work in a school and one family had some unusual names for their kids. One was called Widget Sinnfein!

BillMC

I marked exam papers for a 'Manmeet' and a 'Dipa Mistry'and I taught a very nasty piece of work called 'Zubair'. There was a girl on my PGCE course whose name was 'Shirley Kitcat' but she changed it by deed poll after her first TP.

BillMC

I marked exam papers for a 'Manmeet' and a 'Dipa Mistry'and I taught a very nasty piece of work called 'Zubair'. There was a girl on my PGCE course whose name was 'Shirley Kitcat' but she changed it by deed poll after her first TP.

Sillyoldhector
    Free Member

When I was working in Jersey we repaired a bike for a Mr Wankling. How we chuckled when he came to collect it and we made the sales girl repeat it several times, pretending we couldnt hear her!!!

redthunder
    Free Member

Poor Skye 🙁 Not just having a chavtastic name… but smells like a bin [allegedly]

"LOL >"

redthunder
    Free Member

I knew a Lawrence Tipping

Lorry Tipping

ton

got a customer at work called David David.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Went to school with Imogen Bottom.

Never did find out what the picture was of tho… 😐

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Told my SO about this thread & apparently there's an orthopaedic consultant at Leeds GI called Mr Limb.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

My Brother in laws' new Wife is called Dr Scull..

keefus
    Free Member

I once had it away with a Victoria Plumb (and yes she was fruity)

**** just thought that was 45 bloody years ago!!!

avdave2

We've a client called Fanny Gobler.

Trampus
    Free Member

I once met a Theresa Green, and an Olive Branch. Sadly not at the same time!

bol

There used to be brothers in Norwich called Joe, Lee and Wayne King. Honest.

langy
    Free Member

Poor Skye Not just having a chavtastic name…

Oi! The wife's name is Skye!!!! Although, I might show her the link and she loves taking the piss out of chavs, so should get a reaction!

I_Ache
    Free Member

I had an English teacher at school called Mrs Whore she was also a Priest.

Denis99
    Free Member

Helmut Pink – one of our German colleagues

skidartist
    Free Member

but smells like a bin

On a remote beach out on the island of North Uist, a massive stainless steel beer container (that looks like a stage of an Apollo moon rocket) was swept off a ship and has been washed ashore. – Its empty, I checked.

On it, in absolutely massive letters someone has declared proudly "Kat Smells Nice"

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Ridiculous names’ is closed to new replies.