Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Ridgeway conditions
  • mrmo
    Free Member

Wondering what the current weather has done to Ridgeway between Avebury and Streatley. I am guessing that it has dried out a bit?

Has anyone been and can they confirm?

weeksy

Perfect. I’ve ridden there 4 times in the past week covering most of the sections you’re wanting. It’s dry, fast and Strava friendly 🙂

mrmo
    Free Member

Perfect. I’ve ridden there 4 times in the past week covering most of the sections you’re wanting. It’s dry, fast and Strava friendly

Just have to pick a day with a good tail wind then…

weeksy

It hasn’t been too Windy up there recently. If you post on here in the morning i can tell you 🙂

There was a slight headwind yesterday coming that way from Avebury, but i still set plenty of PR’s and a 9th overall 🙂

petec
    Free Member

it’s now raining in wantage and streatley.

be quick or it’ll turn…

mrmo
    Free Member

anyone know what it is like today, due to life getting in the way looks like i am going to have a bimble tomorrow, i.e. after the rain of the last few days!!!!

weeksy

Same mate, perfect. Rode it just this morning, dry as dry can be. We’ve barely had the rain here.

mrmo
    Free Member

Thanks, now to set the alarm for a really stupid time!!

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Not much help but last Sunday was very very dry even the big puddles of last month had dried up even that great big bugger down from the buildings at Barbury castle were dry does not get like that very often enjoy did one trail I have not done for years as the ruts are normally filled with water.

mrmo
    Free Member

dobiejessmo, i am going to risk it, can’t be any worse than round here.

mrmo
    Free Member

just to close this off, a few puddles here and there but nothing that can’t be avoided. Ground dry, very dry, and after 90 miles i am a wreck.

mrmo
    Free Member

just to resurrect this, looking at doing the double in the next few weeks, BUT, is it still dry????

weeksy

Yes. Will confirm in morning but I’m saying all will be fine.

mrmo
    Free Member

thanks

flashinthepan
    Free Member

Certainly it’s dry up near Stokenchurch

weeksy

We did have some rain near Streatley overnight, off out in an hour.

jameso

It’s been so dry generally so far this year that the only thing you need to watch on the western half of the RW double route is the hardpacked chalk gets very slippery after rain, but it dries pretty quick. It isn’t generally turning to clag from what I’ve seen, just running off.
    The mud that slows things down a little is more on the eastern Chilterns half but it’s really not bad in any areas evan after recent rain and some sections are faster than they have been for many years. ie, crack on and see how you go : )

weeksy

100% dry. I rode a 10 mile Streatley from by Streatley to Wantage this morning.

Bone dry and riding fast

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Sunday just gone was pretty dry and dusty even though it rained a few times on the ride that was Fox hills to Silsbury hill and the canal was bone dry from Honey street to Great Bedwyn mind as you know its rained quite well around here MR Mo was muddy in places up at Birdlip today and quite slick too.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Ridgeway conditions’ is closed to new replies.