Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Rides/Tracks North Downs/ Kent Downs
  • Divid
    Free Member

Hi

Looking to head out this weekend and a friend stated could get onto the downs near Strod in Kent.

Has anyone any info on routes around that area?

Cheers

Dave

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Have to say that area is not on my radar. Loads of trails within half an hour or so though- some suggestions:

Bluebell Hill / Detling
    Holly Hill
    Mereworth Woods / Plaxtol
    Ightham Mote / Greensand Way/ Oldbury Hill

Further south you've got some good trails around Wye, Chilham, Charing etc

Kent is one of those areas where the riding isn't that obvious, but if you invest in a decent OS map, there's bags of potential.

RealMan
    Free Member

We did this ride a few weeks ago. Was really good.

http://www.singletrackworld.com/trailguide/files/2008/12/the-north-downs-medium-route.pdf

Its actually the long route, they got it mixed up on the website.

Distance: 62km
    Start at the car park on Ranmore common. Allow a full, long summer’s day with lots of climbing.
    Total ascent: 1563m.

djc1245
    Free Member

The Downs are all round Strood, Cobham woods are nearby too, haven't been round there too much but looks good with what i've seen. Cross the river and you can get to Bluebell Hill and on to Detling Hill, or over the back of Cuxton to Holly Hill, Vigo and Trosley Country Park.

Cheers
    Dave

vinnyeh

There's a route in Nick Cotton's South East Mountainbiking North and South Downs which hits Halling/Meopham, pretty close to you, using Pilgrams and North Downs ways.

Probably best to buy the book, Amazon'll do you next day delivery, otherwise mail me, I might be able to give you a scan of the route.

Couple of routes on Bikely as well, do a search on Maidstone using 'offroad' tags, if you've not used it before.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Rides/Tracks North Downs/ Kent Downs’ is closed to new replies.