Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Rides up Hope way and advice people who do them regular who can guide
  • seth-enslow666
    Free Member

Just thinking of doing a few rides up Hope way some time before the shit weather comes and I pack my bike away!

So not got a clue where to go, what the trails are like, or where to even start. I normally just ride Cut Gate if I go Derbyshire way. But a rider I was talking to at the train station on Monday told me he had just done a a ride that way and there was a few half decent rides

Anyone even go there regular and could maybe show me and possibly a mate a few rides or set me on the correct path.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

email me seth

Bunnyhop

18 bikes in Hope (the local bike shop)can give you some good advice.
    Hope to Ladybower is a favourite of the locals.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    thepodge
    Free Member

everything is in the VG book

rob-jackson
    Free Member

thepodge – no its not

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

VG book? cheers Cruzheckler. If you ride a Santa cruz Heckler on those maybe my Rigid carbon forked Rockhopper may be a bit lame for those trails! Though Cut gate is no problem for it and some of Wharncliffe woods!

I have heard a lot of good things about 18bikes I have fancied calling in there for a nose!

thepodge
    Free Member

Ok, most suitable loops for a visitor are in the VG book.

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

Whats the VG book. some sort of local book with hidden knowledge?

antigee

not very hidden
    http://www.v-outdoor.co.uk/products/index.php?prodCategory=Mountain+Biking (Dark Peak book)

ps what this “put bike away for winter” 8)

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

Well antigee I can’t be arsed going to Hope and places in the winter, having to get up too early rushing about, less time out, no stops on the trail for a cupa and a sarnie. THe bike caked in mud and all the extra faffing and fettling with it and washing and washing kit. I don’t go out much in winter I’m a fair weather cyclist I’m not too shamed to admit it!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Rides up Hope way and advice people who do them regular who can guide’ is closed to new replies.