Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • rides near St Davids?
  • 1-shed
    Free Member

Any good riding near St Davids please?

Thanks 1 shed

kerv
    Free Member

I’ve been there a few times and never managed to find any decent mountain biking, but the lanes around there are great for road riding. Check out the routes for the tour of Pembrokeshire.

1-shed
    Free Member

So should I take the mtb or road bike then?

lister

Hmm…the eternal question: is there any mountain biking in Pembrokeshire?
    Well…yes, no or maybe.
    Boggy bridleways that once a year are world class.
    Stunning upland riding when it’s been dry for 3 years (or frozen(every 5 years)).
    VERY cheeky coastpath that can be amazing, terrifying, busy, too steep/narrow/wide/boring.
    Bits here, some there and over there…but not that bit, oh no!
    Gruelling uphills, unrewarding downs.
    Confusion, frustration, secret spots, long drives to Brechfa/NWales/Beacons.
    Strange yearnings for a road bike…but the roadies don’t look like they are enjoying it either…

**** it, go surfing/coasteering/drinking/smoking/ice cream eating instead…and feel vaguely sorry yet envious of those of us mountain bikers who call Pembrokeshire home.

Hope this helps 😉

1-shed
    Free Member

Thanks Lister, that’s the information I was after. How about decent pie shops near St Davids? Might have a go at Brechfa.

Cheezpleez

Take a road bike. Then leave it at your tent/cottage/caravan and go surfing.

lister

Glad to help!

Brechfa is worth the visit. It scratches my MTB itch, but those who come from more blessed areas don’t get it.
    Sculpeted berms to natural roots’n’mud to a jump park in the middle of nowhere…not everyones cup of tea, but when you know it and live with no decent stuff then it’s a great day out. Hour and a half from St Davids.

Head to the Sound Cafe for good grub. Cwtch for posh food. The Refectory in the cathedral for suprising folk and food. Farmers Arms for beer.
    Solva has nice places for food, as does Porthgain.

Enjoy a very, very lovely place.

1-shed
    Free Member

Good pasties from the deli, nice beaches and the sloop inn seems ok. Bottled beers by Tomos Watkins not bad, riding rolling country roads not all bad eh.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘rides near St Davids?’ is closed to new replies.