Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Rides in the Quantocks
  • swampy8837
    Free Member

Hi,
    Newby here but not to biking. Just moved to Taunton and looking for rides and riders for local hacks round the Quantocks. I’m fairly competant if not massively fast. Used to fairly regularly ride cannock chase in staffs as an idea.
    So if anyone fancies a ride out or can just point me in the direction of some good routes I’d appreciate it.
    Cheers!

sideshow
    Free Member

Not living in the area but there is loads of good stuff there, easy to find.

Classic XC descents are Weacombe & Smith’s coombe, both easily located on the OS map. Most trails up that end of the hills are quite simply fantastic, and legal as well.

If you’re after DH look in Great Wood there are several runs about the place.

40mpg

LMGTFY – ah!

All-you-can-eat-Quantocks

jam-bo

Go talk to the chaps in ralphies. Lots of rides get arranged from there.

leec247
    Free Member

I’m up there most weekends if u fancy a ride my email is in my profile. There’s loads of good riding up there and it’s rite on ur doorstep

Hareydan
    Free Member

Just head to Lydeard Hill car park, wait for someone who looks at about the same level of fitness/radness as you and follow them 😉 . I should be heading up tomorrow, not sure what time yet, drop me a mail if you fancy joining us. Not been out in a few weeks so it’s unlikely to be too epic.

bodger
    Free Member

Ralphies do a ride most Fridays after work, meet Lydeard Hill carpark about 6. Call the shop to check we’re not too knackered and have wimped out.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Rides in the Quantocks’ is closed to new replies.