Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Rides in Ingleton area
  • Andy_K

Staying in West View bunkhouse this weekend, anyone got any recommended rides in the area?

Cheers!

grumm
    Free Member

There's some nice stuff around Clapham/Settle – nothing too hardcore but quite nice. It'll be wet at the moment though I imagine. You can also do a tour around Ingleborough, not tried it myself though.

stAn-BadBrainsMBC
    Free Member

bridleway to summit of Ingleboro' – butties and cake in the shelter – turn round and come back way you came

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stAn-BadBrainsMBC
    Free Member

from Ingleton head south east along the road for just under 4 miles to Ingleton hall.SD 746 694
    Head North East along bridleway over Long Scar to road SD 787 746
    Head North along the B6479 until you see Ribblehead Viaduct SD 764 791
    Follow track North West under viaduct and then bear left ( south west) SD 751 800 to follow bridleway along Scales moor to Twisleton Scar End SD 698 755
    Sharp left and down for final drag up the road back into Ingleton.
    approx. 20 miles. over 60% off road
    you'll get to ride round Ingleborough and between Ingleborough and Whernside, you'll see the Ribblehead Viaduct, you pass near to Gaping Gill SD 750 726 over to your right on the first off road section is Pen Y Ghent – full on Dales experience, you'll be suping proper ale, wearing a proper cap, and talking reet proper and grand by end o'weekend

Andy_K

Cheers fellas, i'll have to buy the local OS map and check that out.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Rides in Ingleton area’ is closed to new replies.