Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Rides at Longleat Centre Parcs?
  • rossburton
    Free Member

We might be visiting the Longleat Centre Parcs next month for a weekend, would it be worth bringing my bike if I can get away for a sneaky morning or evening ride (riding from the park).

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

I’ve not ridden outside the campus, but take and use good quality locks if you take the bike, non-hike bikes stand out like sore thumbs. The campus is quite nice to pootle around, with the lake in the rough centre of a depression, but outside non-social hours there is the constant danger of pedestrians roaming around without a care in the world due to lack of motor vehicels (except the odd staff one).

slowoldgit
    Free Member

There is riding outside, from an hour’s pootle to an expedition onto the chalk downs. I’m not interested in the bumpy-jumpy in the woods, which might show on Strava.

mrblobby
    Free Member

The campus is quite nice to pootle around, with the lake in the rough centre of a depression, but outside non-social hours there is the constant danger of pedestrians roaming around without a care in the world due to lack of motor vehicels (except the odd staff one).

Not just pedestrians. Adults who’ve not ridden since they were kids and pick up a hire bikes thinking it looks a fun way to get around but have no control or awareness. Can be quite amusing to just sit and watch for a while as people wobble around and fall into bushes.

There is no fun riding at the “park”, don’t bother. I’d take a road bike and get out the caged arena.

chrishc777
    Free Member

I found some stuff in the woods just outside the campus, can’t remember well enough to guide you to it but if you look well enough there is stuff about

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Try these people…

Frontpage

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Rides at Longleat Centre Parcs?’ is closed to new replies.