Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Rides around Saltash, Cornwall
  • MartynS

Can anyone point me in the direction of a bit of riding in this part of the world please.

Down there at the Start of September so hopefully it'll stay dry! Looking for something 15-20 miles that isn't to tricky (wifey will be there as well!)

Ta in advance

singletracksurfer

not massive ride but have a look here http://www.cornwall.gov.uk/m_pdf/3_f_Map_of_the_Gardens.pdf

sheldona
    Free Member

Pop over the bridge back into Devon, get off A38 at Marsh Mills (By Big Sainsburys) turn left and head for the BnQ carPark by McDonalds. Head up cycle path there and follow your nose. Loads of trails both singletrack and old railway lines and stuff.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    singletracksurfer

Yep as Sheldona says Plym valley railway line (easy riding), Cann wood on route to play in – looking at the map its a lot easier to get to as well.

crispybacon
    Free Member

Hi MartynS I live at Callington about 9 miles north of Saltash, in fact I passed through Saltash on my commute into Plymouth today, I know Dartmoor fairly well plus some stuff on Bodmin Moor. If you want to hook up sometime then my email is in my profile.

You might want to look at the Cornwall MTB Club website & the 'Meet sheet' they organise rides each week somewhere in Cornwall & are a great bunch to ride with.

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Cann woods in Plymouth is your nearest decent riding spot. Fatmuthahubbard off here has loads of secret trails hidden in the bushes up there.

crispybacon
    Free Member

Oops I forgot to mention the Plymouth based YOGI Cycling Club who organise a variety of road/off road rides each week.

You might also want to enter the Newnham 60 as this event will give you a good insight as to what S.Dartmoor has to offer.

As Sponging-Machine says there are a few more STW regulars who live in the area & who know where the best trails are, just ask for someone to guide you round.

carlphillips
    Free Member

mail me or julian wilson off of here and we'd be happy to show you around cann woods and adjacent trails, night laps are nice as you can get a bit more 'creative' with access to some lovely trails. failing that (if you want some quality time with just the mrs) there are some nice loops out of plympton (where crispy says by B&Q) that are about 20miles and are fairly nice. if you mail me i could fire you over some tracklogs files or see what i have on my pc already as gifs etc

i would agree with s/m that cann is probably your best bet for singletrack and it also leads onto the moor after it so its always a good starting place. not much that i know about in saltash or over the river in cornwall in general really.

Bunnyhop

mrs MartynS is a decent rider and far too good for just 'railway lines' 🙂

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

MartynS, are you here on holiday or longer term?

MartynS

ta all.
    Lots to go at there

sponging machine.. just a jolly Hol, looking forward to it,, the place we're staying has a hot tub…!

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Hot-tub party!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Rides around Saltash, Cornwall’ is closed to new replies.