Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Rides around Aldermaston
  • iolo
    Free Member

Hello,
    I'm staying in to Aldermaston Wharf during the week and am looking to do some riding.
    Is there anyone on here who could show me round the area?

cinnamon_girl

You will be not far from Watership Down area (Kingsclere). It is lovely there with plenty of trails.

Sorry, don't actually live in that area though.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

You shouldn't need lights at night, the woods glow green….

iolo
    Free Member

I actually live in Trawsfynydd so have always glowed 🙂

iolo
    Free Member

I've just been for a road ride around the area and looks like there's some great riding round here.
    Any locals willing to guide as I have no idea where to start?

SilentSparky
    Free Member

I'm in Tadley, I normally go to Swinley for my riding, but know my way around Pamber forest although it's mainly fire track. I also Know where the local jumps are over Silchester way, drop me an email if any of those appeal.

iolo
    Free Member

I just rode through Tadley an hour ago. The area seems good for riding but would help if I knew where I was going.
    I'll be in touch.

mattstreet

From Aldermaston there's a few alternatives…

Head SW towards Watership Down, Hannington – lots of nice bridleways down that way.
    Go north of the A4 around Chapel Row – again, loads of stuff.

For general hacking around exploring there's Pamber Forest nearby as SilentSparky says – just east of Tadley – open access trails and just go where your wheel points. Greenham Common has a few bits of interest around it too.

There's quite a few MTB clubs in the area – ask around, or pop into Banjo Cycles in Newbury – IIRC they have organised rides round that way.

gusamc
    Free Member

I'm going out (from Burghfield Common), planning on Tue (but this relies on car passing MOT) at about 5.30pm – but can change nights, however I've had a torn calf and then groin strain so am less than fit.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Rides around Aldermaston’ is closed to new replies.