Viewing 19 posts - 121 through 139 (of 139 total)
  • Riders who prefer riding hardtails? Gnar? I think not!
  • BruceWee

I love my Nomad but I noticed some play after today’s ride. £90 for a bearing kit. It seems to be non-standard bearings as well so no chance of going elsewhere. I’m now thinking hardtails might be the way to go.

coogan
    Free Member

Why are so many HT riders so obsessed with passing FS riders? And the ‘picking a line’ guff, jeez, ride the bike. I never worry about any of those. I’ve got both, ride both and if someone is faster, go on by. I just like to have a larf on the bikes. That’s what its all about to me.

randomjeremy
    Free Member

That’s nothing I right a hard front, rigid forks at the front and a cane creeks double barrel 8 inch shock at the back, I make a point of dropping all the HT pansies

jonrambo
    Free Member

Bruce wee get a single pivot, lot less mainenance an so much more fun than an hardtail! I think this is the point coogan that im trying to make, hardtail-xc- fair enuff! Mega tech riding- hardtail- why??? Yeh my full suss feels nice an comfy! Why would i want uncomfy?! 🙄

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Why are so many HT riders so obsessed with passing FS riders?

Because it’s fairly easy. All the gear and no idea etc…..

randomjeremy
    Free Member

Where do these gnarly HT gods pass the FS people anyway? If it’s on the descents then they should have left a little more room before they started their descent. If it’s on the climbs, do the people they are “dropping” even know there is a race going on? Either way they sound like middle class cockbags with a chip on their shoulder, angry at the hand life has dealt them, and so attempt to diffuse their impotent rage by riding like a **** on a pedal bike.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Either way they sound like middle class cockbags with a chip on their shoulder, angry at the hand life has dealt them

No. Just more skillful riders.

joolsburger
    Free Member

This troll thread is still running eh? I’d have bought Hob Nobs if I’d have known.

Isn’t it really the case that HT or FS is not really relevant, at our level it would be more about the rider?

At pro or riding god level then sure FS is faster downhill but HT is faster XC.

randomjeremy
    Free Member

Nah the HT boys are just afraid that if they bought a better bike they would no longer have any excuses as to why they don’t attempt that gap jump, drop off, descent etc.

As to FS making trails “too easy” perhaps the riders should try some proper trails instead, or turn pro and make millions, I mean if they find riding on a FS too easy they should clean up in the pro ranks right? Oh wait no they’re an overweight IT consultant from Reading.

molgrips
    Free Member

Depends on the trails.

Now can we stop this nonsense please?

rOcKeTdOg

As to FS making trails “too easy” perhaps the riders should try some proper trails instead, or turn pro and make millions

don’t you also have to be brain dead with the personality of a chimp to attain this though?, if so there seem to be quite a few potential millionaires going to come through soon if the chest beating in this thread is anything to go by

bullheart
    Free Member

Er, at the risk of feeding the troll…

Either way they sound like middle class cockbags with a chip on their shoulder

Where does all the social stratification stuff come into it?

Lifer
    Free Member

i ride hardtails because i like being involved

Riiiiight

BruceWee

Bruce wee get a single pivot, lot less mainenance an so much more fun than an hardtail!

I’ve been thinking about this a bit lately. I’ve got the DHX shock with the pro-pedal. The nomad frame has the VPP design. Isn’t that two separate systems to do the one job which is eliminate pedal bob? I’ve got the pro pedal on the lowest setting so I am wondering if it wouldn’t be better to just have a heckler with a decent pro pedal system rather than a complicated linkage design.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I have the best of both worlds – A Titanium hardtail:

It has the simplicity and looks of a hardtail and because its Ti it will last forever and I’ll never need another bike.

And the springy, soulful Ti feel means it gives me levels of grip and comfort found on a 4″ travel full suspension bike. And it also cost me at least as much as a full suspension bike which allows me to flaunt my massive IT consultant wage.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I’ve been thinking about this a bit lately. I’ve got the DHX shock with the pro-pedal. The nomad frame has the VPP design. Isn’t that two separate systems to do the one job which is eliminate pedal bob? I’ve got the pro pedal on the lowest setting so I am wondering if it wouldn’t be better to just have a heckler with a decent pro pedal system rather than a complicated linkage design

Ride a modern long-travel HT and stop worrying about all this crap.

BruceWee

Ride a modern long-travel HT and stop worrying about all this crap.

Got a Dialled Alpine with Lyriks up front. I love riding both but for different reasons.

will
    Free Member

Each to their own 🙄

I did have all FS bike. Now I have all HT. Mainly due to where I ride more than anything. But for me the feeling of standing up powering along with no “bob” is what wins it for me. I now love my HTs.

Plus they are alot cheaper to both buy and run 😉

Dancake
    Free Member

I ride a Meta with a coil shock and 150mm forks. I get a lot of “wow you must do some DH ” comments. The answer is, of course, “NO”

I just like the look of it and it fits me well. Coil shock for my fatness and AM2s for their cheapness. I have had 456s, a rigid SS scandal 29er and an NRS. I liked them all.

What one chooses to ride is their business, surely?

Viewing 19 posts - 121 through 139 (of 139 total)

The topic ‘Riders who prefer riding hardtails? Gnar? I think not!’ is closed to new replies.