Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 139 total)
  • Riders who prefer riding hardtails? Gnar? I think not!
  • jonrambo
    Free Member

What do u think of people who prefer riding hardtails? Me personally think they cant ride fast enough to appreciate a full suss or perhaps are’nt riding super tech trails, but this is just my opinion, i prefer a full suss, more comfortable and i feel i can do more damage to the trail, proper gnar! 8)

jedi

i love bikes. each to their own

Rosss
    Free Member

I’ve got a feeling this is going to be a popular thread. Ride what you prefere oh and IMO hardtail riders are faster.

postierich
    Free Member

“KN*B” whoops did I say that out aloud! 😉

partyboy
    Free Member

I do skids on ya mams face to make her prettier, proper gnar 8)

rustler
    Free Member

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I love riding hardtails, cos I’m hard.

Dunno what your on about “doing more damage to the trail” on a full sus. Its still a **** mincing push bike that you have to rely on yor legs to power.

When I wanna do damage to the trails and just rip it up with lots of roost, I go out on my crosser. Thats what its made for.

I think your an idiot who cant afford a crosser so just minces round on his full susser, whilst wearing a full face helmet and making motorbike noises.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Jon Rambo is someones TROLL alter ego

Who is it?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’ve got both, & enjoy riding both.
    ‘jon rambo’
    Says it all really. Dafter name than mine. You should be called ‘jon troll’

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I have not been able to work it out but he clearly is someones alter ego

snowpaul
    Free Member

TROLL HUNTER TO THE FORUM – BRING YOUR CROSBOW

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Looks like a thumb to me.

yunki
    Free Member

my hardtail will get you pregnant as I overtake…

Northwind

Considering the very high standard of trolling that we usually get on here, this is a total embarassment.

7hz
    Free Member

I’m not interested in riding fast enough to need a full suss. I also like peddling uphill, and need all the help I can get, so not loosing power to bobbing suspension is good.

I prefer hardtail with short travel fork. Feels more like a bike, efficient, light, east to maintain. I can feel the surface of the trail.

Have no interest in damaging the trail or myself. Gnar is for youngsters 🙂

Oh, and 1/10 for the trolling. Very transparent.

Mugboo

All Trolling aside (No i’m not Jon Troll Rambo!).

After a winter on my SummerSeason it left me wondering if i needed a FS.

I think the answer is i don’t, but after a few rides on the Hemlock i’ll be riding it all Summer! (or at least until i buy a Mega..)

rOcKeTdOg

I thought the point of FS was to flatter the rider into thinking they could ride off road?

MentalMickey
    Free Member

i prefer a full suss

Spd’s or Flats? 😉

coolhandluke
    Free Member

+1

I thought the point of FS was to flatter the rider into thinking they could ride off road?

I always called rear sus a skill compensator myself…

Hardtails, less forgiving = more thrills at a lower speed.
    Hardtails, line picking = more thought put into riding = more taken out

if I wanted to ride a smooth trail, I’d go along a fire road or get my road bike out.

I can’t see the need for a full sus in the UK actually.

senorj

-1/10

my hardtail will get you pregnant as I overtake…

ha.
    great sticker?

MentalMickey
    Free Member

What a ridiculous statement.

jedi

🙂 🙂

Drac

You’re a copy of MBR from 1999 and I claim my £5.

charliedontsurf

Full sus is excellent. It costs more, and you need a bouncy fork too, which costs more, and then they need maintenance for all your pivots and shocks, which costs more… And they get better every year so you need to replace them because last years will be slower.

… So I make more money.

I really don’t know how I make any money out of you tight fisted one speed rigid guys. I’ve got kids and dogs to feed… Sort it out and get a susser. I wanna go to Hawaii.

deanfbm
    Free Member

Is what i have to say.

Will they be as fast as your average person on a susser, definitely. Are the world cup downhill speed, no.

Would it feel faster than world cup downhill speed, yes.

rOcKeTdOg

Mental Mickey – Member

What a ridiculous statement.

i can see a need, there’s a lot of riders who aren’t good enough to ride a HT off road so they need a helping hand

this trolling is easy innit

Trimix
    Free Member

Lame troll – next please.

crotchrocket
    Free Member

RoCkEtd0G

“I can’t ride down these steps on my hardtail”

🙄

messiah
    Free Member

My hardtail brings all the boys to the yard,
    And their like
    It’s better than yours,
    Damn right it’s better than yours,
    I can teach you,
    But I have to charge

I know you want it,
    The thing that makes me,
    What the guys go crazy for.
    They lose their minds,
    The way I wind,
    I think its time

[Chorus x2]
    La la-la la la,
    Warm it up.
    Lala-lalala,
    The boys are waiting

And their like
    It’s better than yours,
    I can teach you,
    But I have to charge

I can see youre on it,
    You want me to teach thee
    Techniques that freaks these boys,
    It can’t be bought,
    Just know, thieves get caught,
    Watch if your smart,

[Chorus x2]
    La la-la la la,
    Warm it up,
    La la-la la la,
    The boys are waiting,

And their like
    It’s better than yours,
    I can teach you,
    But I have to charge

Oh, once you get involved,
    Everyone will look this way-so,
    You must maintain your charm,
    Same time maintain your halo,
    Just get the perfect blend,
    Plus what you have within,
    Then next his eyes are squint,
    Then he’s picked up your scent,

[Chorus x2]
    Lala-lalala,
    Warm it up,
    Lala-lalala,
    The boys are waiting,

And their like
    It’s better than yours,
    I can teach you,
    But I have to charge

epicyclo

Counter troll:

“Gears and suspension are for old and frail riders”

rustler
    Free Member

Sort it out and get a susser. I wanna go to Hawaii.

Work colleagues are wondering why I’m laughing to myself.

cookeaa

Dunno, I’m certainly not super fast on My HT but I’m not too shabby when I want to get moving.

Did a quick loop of Whites a couple of weeks ago got to the head of the last section (Darkside) spot a couple of “Free-Gnarrists” having a chat; Full shinnies, Spanky helmets, one in a pressure suit (FFS) both astride £2-3K ~6” bouncers so I figure as I’m only on a gentle pootle on my 85mm Forked XC HT I’ll let them go first surely I wouldn’t be able to keep up with them?

Gave them 30 seconds or so, then caught the tail man inside of about 15 seconds, OK it’s the slightly pedally, slightly upwards incline bit at the start, He’ll soon rip away from me… Nah I was stuck behind this chuffing Mary the whole way down, the only feature on his bike he seemed familiar with was the brakes, Zero talent, should have bought a HT and learned to ride that first….

I have nothing against Bouncers, the advantages are pretty clear, but I really don’t think anyone absolutely Needs one for plain old trail riding, I’ve owned DH bikes and I think they make sense for their intended Purpose, I’ve owned a couple of 6” “all rounders” and while I enjoyed them I’m actually happier now on my far simpler HT…

HT’s Rule! – FACT!!!

Far below Par Trollage, but it is Friday….

rOcKeTdOg

looks like a caught one!

crotchrocket – Member
    RoCkEtd0G

“I can’t ride down these steps on my hardtail”

i know, it would have been a walk in the park on a sofa full suss, but i prefer a challenge rather than boredom

😉

this trolling is easy innit

DezB
    Free Member

I wish my hardtail was fast rolling. But the wheels aren’t big enough.

mark_b
    Free Member

so I figure as I’m only on a gentle pootle on my 85mm Forked XC HT I’ll let them go first surely I wouldn’t be able to keep up with them?

Gave them 30 seconds or so, then caught the tail man inside of about 15 seconds, OK it’s the slightly pedally, slightly upwards incline bit at the start, He’ll soon rip away from me… Nah I was stuck behind this chuffing Mary the whole way down, the only feature on his bike he seemed familiar with was the brakes, Zero talent, should have bought a HT and learned to ride that first….

Yeah, you were fast, but last time i was out on my rigid singlespeed ego chariot i was faster…!

cookeaa

Yeah, you were fast, but last time i was out on my rigid singlespeed ego chariot i was faster…!

Very likely, and only proves that the more “Hard” your Hardtail the Radder the Ride! 😉

phil.w
    Free Member

cookeaa – just wondering if you were racing yourself on that lap do you think you could do it quicker on a hardtail or fullsuss (pick any fullsus you like).

TheBrick
    Free Member

What a pointless thread. Are you 12?

MentalMickey
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg – Member

i can see a need, there’s a lot of riders who aren’t good enough to ride a HT off road so they need a helping hand

I just think it’s ridiculous to even mention the word ‘need’, we don’t need a mountain bike full stop do we? Why isn’t everyone snapping up CX bikes for general singletrack going by that theory? I remember a CX rider on this forum posting a few vids of himself riding at trail centre and overtaking all of the gnarly knee pads warriors in his way, he was doing all the small jumps and drops off’s too if I remember correctly, a point in case methinks.

My own experience (as I own both types) are thus.
    The hardtail experience definitely feels more connected in a sense, other than the obvious that it’s easier to climb big hills and such like, what I like about hardtails is that to me, they feel more ‘predictable’, that’s the key part about them IMHO, because of this, I feel strangely more confident over jumps and drop off’s because with a full susser, there can be some kick backs, unexpected bouncing about (even with the correct sag) that can throw you off kilter.

I think there is a slight myth that full sussers make it all so easy, you still have to apply the same techniques on rough trails, the shock just makes it more comfy, but an armchair in ain’t. Yeah sure, you can get a nice and easy experience while sitting down over easy terrain, stuff that you would feel more sitting on a HT, but if you wish to ride some decent techy singletrack properly, you still have to stand up on the descents and also make the decision to do the same on flat terrain that is constant up, down, up, down and repeat and repeat.

I remember seeing a guy trying to ride the kind of up, down, up, down bumpy trails described while seated on his full susser, he was struggling badly and going pretty slow, described the feeling as making himself feel seasick, I think that says it all.

If anyone thinks full sussers are nothing more that a comfy armchair that anyone with zero knowledge and skill can use, then I challenge you to make a video to prove me wrong, you will ride the whole of the Fort William DH circuit while seated, you will not stand up at any point and you will ride as fast as you can, helmets optional, depending on how confident you are. 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 139 total)

The topic ‘Riders who prefer riding hardtails? Gnar? I think not!’ is closed to new replies.