Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Riders near Street, Somerset today
  • Clink

Was it you? We were running at about 8.45 up on Street hill; 3 bikers passed other way, 2 on On-ones. Don't see many riding up there.

ollieT
    Free Member

Hi

It was me and a couple of mates. I ride up there alot although that said i havent for a few weeks due to busting a couple of ribs.were you the two guys by the windmill or at combe woods?

Clink

We were in the wood and I presume you had just come through the gate having crossed the road; 2 of us btw.
    I normally ride on Mendips on Sundays with scienceofficer, candodavid and singeltrackmonkey from here.
    When do you ride up there?

ollieT
    Free Member

I ride up there in the afternoons during the week as most weekends im racing or i go to the quantocks,mendips or somewhere like that to train. I was on my wayout over the droves to somerton and then backup around combewoods then home. It was quite good out on the droves and the snow is a good bit of training.What do you think of the hill now they have put all of the extra stiles in? Do you get out in the week? Me and a few friends have a weds night ride if you fancied coming along.

Clink

most weekends im racing

sounds serious! 😀

Stiles certainly have not helped! I tend not to get out during the week (except running and bike commute). Might well be able to make a Wed night ride though – e-mail is in my profile.

oldfart

Ollie since the stiles have been put in i've renamed the ride from Street via Butleigh Wooton , Combe Wood to the Windmill 14 gates !!!!!

ollieT
    Free Member

I wouldnt do it but a chain saw could make a so much diference!!!! Oldfart i dont think you will have to worry about stiles where you are going you lucky git!!! Clink i will drop you a mail about Weds ride and where we are going.(Racing sounding serious) A few of us race masters at the gorricks, soggybottoms,national enduros and that its not that serious or elite but i dont do too bad ive had a few wins. do you race?

Clink

do you race?

Not really. Did Bristol Bike fest as 4 last year, and the Rough Ride. I have entered the Kielder 100 this year!! Training is going well……
    I fancy giving soggybottom a go though.

ollieT
    Free Member

Kielder 100 that sound like a really good event, I reckon that will be pretty tough. Soggybottom has been put back a week so its this coming Sunday. Its a good laid back atmosphere and perfect for starting as there are loads of diferent fitness levels so you all ways have a close race with someone. You should give them a go.

ollieT
    Free Member

How far do you go running? I would like to do a bit more of that may be i could tag along to see if i could keep up as its a bit diferent to riding.

Clink

Running varies – I run by time rather than distance. I do 30min runs around Street, hour road runs in a loop around Glastonbury or, what I prefer, off-road. Lots of options, but I've got routes anything from 30min to over 2 hours. I'm not that fast, you're more than welcome to come along. The guy i was running with this morning, Ken, is very quick!

oldfart

ollie now the it's a dirty job but someone has to do it !

Clink

Is the ride still on Ollie?

ollieT
    Free Member

I reckon we will still go out. i will give you a shout tomorrow.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Riders near Street, Somerset today’ is closed to new replies.