Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Riders in the Wylam, Ryton, Blaydon area help please
  • JohnClimber
    Free Member

Are there any riders on here who live or work in the Wylam, Ryton, Blaydon area who can help me out please?

I’m looking for somewhere with off road and safe parking for my car for the duration of a 4 days and 3 nights over the next couple of weeks as I’m planning on a beach and Sandstone Way bike packing trip around Northumberland.

Have any of you got a space spare on your driveway that I can use or recommend me somewhere to park.

Of course don’t post up here any address please email me at
    johnmoore200 @ aol .com (no spaces)

Many thanks

gazc
    Free Member

wylams a pretty safe place (safer than ryton or blaydon as far as i know) – there’s a car park right next to the cycle path towards hexham near the train station which should be ok, can’t remember seeing any no overnight parking signs on my way through and it’s plenty big enough

link

EDIT: if i had a big drive/no street parking issues you could park it here but sadly not the case – plus it’d be about an hour off road mtb to wylam 🙂

JohnClimber
    Free Member

No worries, cheer for the tip but they do normally say no overnight parking.
    I guess I could park on the street in the area if it does and I can’t find anyone with a driveway near the trail from Hexham to Newcastle in this area.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Wylam-wise
    I don’t think the war memorial carpark has a restriction on overnight parking. I’ve certainly seen cars left for a couple of days.

There’s also no restrictions on parking in the village if needs be but space is reasonably tight so it’s not ideal, please don’t leave a car in the spaces up at the top end of main street or on chapel lane. You could probably park on the east end of woodcroft lane without causing any problems

legolam
    Free Member

YGM re parking in Ryton

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Cheers all and thanks for the 4 who emailed me.

Just waiting to hear back from one and STW will have saved the day again 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Riders in the Wylam, Ryton, Blaydon area help please’ is closed to new replies.