Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 90 total)
  • Riders Down- Mountain Rescue Fundraiser, please help.
  • jojoA1
    Free Member

I’ve also been moved to tears by the overwhelming generosity of outdoorsy people and the people close to those we’ve lost. Many of us knowing, “There but for the grace of god…”

As I’ve been a ‘meeja whore’ and been filmed the last couple of times I’ve done the Puffer, I’ve sent a message to one of the Adventure Show team to see if they would be willing to cover the cause.

glupton1976
    Free Member

I see that the donations page has raised more than £8000 pounds now. That’s an incredible amount of money and will no doubt provide the Glencoe MRT with funds that will make a great difference to their training, equipment and service. Lochaber MRT also appear to be getting a few donations too for the part they played.

Luke – it’s a hell of a gesture to make. Good on you.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Lets hope they can make the £10K+ mark soon. The whole story makes me cold-to-the-core. “There but for the grace of God…” indeed.

Edit – yes, well done Luke. Ride strong!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Rickos
    Free Member

Dirt and MBR have done Twitter thingies publicising the justgiving page, so thanks to them.

Luke, you’re a star without ever meaning to be – brilliant! Smash the ‘puffer at the weekend. And keep Devs off the pies and pints until the finish.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Everyone, thank you so much.

In the last half hour the page has broken £10,000 with gift aid. Wow.

All his friends are incredibly touched at your generosity.

Imabigkidnow
    Free Member

Donation #500 done

Good Luck

mugsys_m8

Donation made. Shed many tears over this at the weeknd without knowing anyone involved. Time for another dram in salute to everyone. It’s times like these that I’m proud to be a stw’er.

spandex_bob

Shocking events, don’t know anyone directly involved but somehow it feels close to home. Great work on this, and best of luck for the ‘puffer.

trek820
    Free Member

Donation made and what spandex_bob says.

Shergie
    Free Member

I too had the pleasure of working with Chris and knew Tom through bikevillage too, although I haven’t seen the guys for what must be a couple of years now the memories of that season and the subsequent races will live with me forever.

Fast and Light boys, fast and light x

orangeman5
    Free Member

Donation made and good luck at the Puffer, sure you will do your friend Chris proud !

Drac

Over £9k now just brilliant.

northshoreniall

Just seen your update message on just giving site. Think it’s great idea spreading the funds especially given the awesome amount you have collected to date. Great work, it’s a fantastic memorial.

iainc

now linked on The Adventure Show’s FB page :

here

glupton1976
    Free Member

I think it’s a fantastic idea to split the funds between the two MRTs.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Just seen your update message on just giving site. Think it’s great idea spreading the funds especially given the awesome amount you have collected to date. Great work, it’s a fantastic memorial.

Good, I’m glad you think so. It’d be a shame for them to get overlooked.

I’ve spoken to Chris’s family tonight, they are overwhelmed by this. Chris’s father has said he would like to auction off his bikes for the charity too- let’s see if we can get enough for a new Land Rover.

His dad said he couldn’t face walking into his garage every day and seeing the bikes and thinking Chris had come home. That choked me up something rotten. He was choked up when I said the money raised shows how much his son was loved. Well done all of you.

whattyre
    Free Member

Hopefully something really positive could come out of this tragic situation…great news about splitting the money.maybe some of us could help the family with auctioning the bikes…I’ll help if needed.

Any news on the injured climber in hospital?

munrobiker
    Free Member

Not as far as I am aware, I don’t know who she is. Hopefully she’ll pull through.

rugbydick

Luke,
    I’ll be at the Puffer as well. Think we’ll be racing against each other as a pair.

Look out for a white VW Transporter with “Animal” logos down the side and a chimanea roaring away. Come over and say hello; we’ll have some funds for the collection and I’m sure there’ll be some beers and trail food going as well.

Sorry for your loss, but congratulations for getting something so amazingly positive out of it.

RustyMac

Now over 10k – absolutely astonishing effort.

tartanscarf

No problem splitting the money either. I believe there were up to 50 MRT volunteers involved from both areas. Only too aware that this tragedy took 4 young lives, plus the girl presumably still in hospital. I hope she makes a full recovery.

giantonagiant

Spandex Bob hit the nail on the head.

Reading the stories and comments from folks on here has really choked me up, a terrible loss to so many people.

Absolutely fantastic effort from a community of outdoors folk that I am proud to be part of.

Donation made / FB share done.

Best of luck at the weekend.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I told one of my friends in GMRT about this yesterday Luke. He was gobsmacked. Good on you mate.

tga

Harry_the_Spider

We don’t pretend to have known anything about those tragically caught up in the events in Glencoe. However, we do know that we will be giving a race briefing in a couple of weeks to many from this forum community and previously one of those lost had been stood amongst us.

We are going to donate £1 from everybody’s entry fee to Mountain Rescue.

Go carefully.

Andrew & Jason. Hit the North

whattyre
    Free Member

how much does one of those landys cost? thats great news from the hit the north crew…well done!

heihei

Donation made and awesome effort – well done and good luck this weekend.

Having climbed a few times in the area, I certainly feel it’s a case of “There but for the grace of God……”

justme
    Free Member

This may sound harsh but please believe me it isn’t meant the way it may sound
    Instead of waiting for something this trajic to happens then running around doing one off fundraisers why dont we as people who spent time in the mountains set up a standing order of maybe a fiver a month to go to your local search and rescue team or the air ambulance (the one I give to every month)or which ever you choose – this gives them secure budgetable income and in the long termn generates far more than any one of event.
    Imagine how much would be raised if every single person who throws a leg over a bike or climbed or walked gave a small regular donation every month. I like to think of it as insurance,these teams save lives lets hope that when it s our turn to be picked up (hopefully never) they will be able to afford to respond
    Once again sorry if this sounds a bit blunt its just my way of saying things and is not meant to be insensative
    G

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Luke – may the wind be at your backs at the Puffer. Stay strong.

Donated, shared on FB and I’m glad some of my HTN entry is going to you guys too. A terribly sad loss, but what strength and direction from the lot of you.

homer

Done. Condolences to all who knew the victims. Great effort on the fundraising. RIP.

cheshirecat
    Free Member

My missus taught Rachel at school. Lovely girl, very smart. Lovely family as well. Donated.

Edit: and shared on FB

ononeorange

Done.

Well done with this and good luck.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Justme is, of course, correct- and now is the perfect time to start doing it. I can’t spare much at all but certainly will set up a DD.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Hi everyone,

It feels bad to ask again when there’s already been so much generosity, but with the gift aid contribution we are achingly close to £20,000 (£16,700 just now). I’d love to start the race knowing that the mountain rescue teams will each be £10,000 better off in time for their next call.

Please dig deep for us, share the link on facebook, other forums, blogs and tell your friends.

The generosity of the cycling community has been astounding, and while I know asking for more is pushing it but it would be an incredible legacy.

http://www.justgiving.com/Luke-Bradley

Thanks so much

Drac

Staggering over £14k now bloody fantastic.

I’ll spam my social network accounts later today when people wake up.

Blackhound

Just sending some cash Luke. Pension in my account today so now have some funds. So sorry to hear about this, don’t know right words.

Go and race.

justme
    Free Member

munrobiker doen’t matter if its £2-3 per month £3 X 12 months x 10,000 people = lots of money
    G

andylaightscat
    Free Member

Luke,looks like £20k has been reached

Just need to make it £20k from this place now.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Ben has done incredibly well too. It will all go to the same place so I know we have all done some good.

With gift aid it has now reached 18,000. Thanks so much everyone.

Fluff66
    Free Member

Donated

It’s also up on Manchester Mountain Bikers notice board and I’ve winged it round a few other NW forums

Condolences to their families and their friends on here

munrobiker
    Free Member

Thanks fluff.

A further £1250 plus gift aid to the target. Wonder how we will do?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘Riders Down- Mountain Rescue Fundraiser, please help.’ is closed to new replies.