Viewing 23 posts - 81 through 103 (of 103 total)
  • Rider down
  • aP
    Free Member

Rd 1 not confirmed yet, and I think its the same day as the 3 Peaks…

lister

oldgit – Member

The company dealing with it now say it’ll be sorted quickly.

Oldgit, I have to ask, I assume that means insurance company? If so I assume that the lady in question has been deemed responsible?
    Just out of interest have you had any more dealings with the police about the driver? Fair enough if you don’t want to take it further, but has there been an option of them investigating further or prosecuting etc?

I only ask because I would be talking/shouting to anyone who would listen to get the driver punished for their actions…maybe you’re not the same but I’d be **** fuming!

oldgit
    Free Member

The problem is that the driver is all over the place and it’s not been proved that she was the driver.
    Hit me
    Drove off
    Came back later
    Reported it at midnight
    wanted to settle it off the record
    Asked me the cost of the damage
    then said it might not have been her.
    Shes worried and testing the waters,
    But I don’t think it looks good for her. Especialy after going on police record as wanting to settle it without going through the insurance. And the calling in at past midnight.
    Cycle Claims seem very confident…..but the whole of STW knows my luck.

oldgit
    Free Member

maybe you’re not the same but I’d be **** fuming!

TBH I just want to get riding again, and I was just down to my race bike and the cross bike, but the crosser has bits missing and awaiting parts for the start of the CX season.

crikey
    Free Member

Oldgit, tell me what bits you need; I’ve seriously got some 10 speed STIs that you can borrow until you get going, I’ve got bars, I’ve got that bike to give you, I can even sort you some shoes. Don’t be stuck, send me an email.

oldgit
    Free Member

crikey your an angel.
    I only need a 27.2 seatpost the get the crosser going, none of the LBSs had that size?
    The colblers re attached the ratchet to my shoe.
    Apart from that the bike will just have to sit there. I reckon I could repair most of it at the workshop.
    My mates back from France, just waiting for his address. I only know it’s New Mills.
    I think someone will have a post I can borrow until the one I want is available
    I’m going to resume the carmicheal on Saturday, the bust bike should be fine on the turbos, just hope I am….still sore
    Thanks again for your offers you a top man.

higthepig
    Free Member

I have a campag 27.2 gran sport seatpost you can have, 1980s style but still good kit. Let me know, it’s for free. Out now until tomorrow am though

oldgit
    Free Member

higthepig cheers, I’m trying to get out this Sunday if I’m okay to ride. I’ve got one on order from Ribble, it might even show Saturday.
    Thanks again

aP
    Free Member

oldgit – I’ve probably got a 27.2 seatpost if you need one…

Duggan

That is utterly ludicrous that the Police would take a report of a hit and run and then pass the phone number of the accused to the victim. What the **** is going on there 😕

matt_outandabout

As above, glad you are on mend/not too serious.
    BUT
    Police should be leading this with a prosecution for a hit and run – it could easily be you typing from a hospital bed with broken neck…..

oldgit
    Free Member

Amusing turn of events.
    The driver rang in the accident.
    Wanted to settle without going through the insurance.
    learnt I had no witnesses.
    Now is saying it wasn’t her after all.

Getting the paper to put out a request for witnesses as loads stopped. Even the PC looking after the collision is banging his head against the desk.

Not an exact quote, but passed on by the police. ‘ I’m not sure if I hit him, because I was listening to music on my iPod’ 🙄

mrmo
    Free Member

what a minute… how can a driver ring in and say i had an accident, then say oh sorry i made a mistake i didn’t actually have a accident???????????????

If there that stupid should they actually have a licence!

Just read the other part of the comment, so she has admitted to driving without due care, she really is stupid!

oldgit
    Free Member

Three months on and nothing. Had an email Wednesday saying that the insurers wanted to inspect the damage to her car ( you know, the car she was driving that didn’t hit me?) She has used the fact that there was no damage as part of her defence, now all of a sudden three months later there is damage.

My bike has been fully assesed all round, it is cracked and a rear drop out is out of alignment. Once her car has been seen I’ve been told a decision will be made.

I have got solicitors taking her to court. I gave her every chance to just stump up through the insurance, it’s a few grand it’s not like she’s written off someones Bentley.

RichPenny
    Free Member

What the hell are the police doing about it though?

flap_jack
    Free Member

I imagine you know this, but just in case…

MIB are based in MK. There are several keen cyclists there, if it turns out the driver was uninsured you may get a sympathetic hearing.

warton
    Free Member

3 months with no progress is a joke, if it was car on car she would have been done for leaving the scene of an accident, and insurance would have had your car fixed within a week. because it’s a bike it takes 3 months, disgraceful.

oldgit
    Free Member

I’ve traced the Taxi firm that owns one of the vehicles that had to stop after the car hit me.
    Waiting to find out if I can bring in witnesses so far down the line?

kevin1911

Just read this thread, and am utterly gobsmacked that the police aren’t treating it as dangerous driving or at least driving without due care and attention.

Would the IPCC look into it?

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’d guess the Rozzers think there’s insufficient evidence – OG have you asked them?

warton – Member
    3 months with no progress is a joke, if it was car on car she would have been done for leaving the scene of an accident

3 months is nothing if liability is not admitted.

Shouldn’t she be getting done for leaving the scene anyway, given there was an injury?

samuri
    Free Member

Really sorry to hear about your accident, I have near misses from cars overtaking and turning left all the time. I guess it is only a matter of time before one of them does this to me.

As for your accident, glad you’re not damaged but please, insist to the police that this was a hit and run and please ensure you follow a formal process for both getting you checked out and the bike paid for. You could have long term injuries that are not yet apparent and if they need long term medical attention you will be thankful of the insurance cover.

enfht
    Free Member

Useless Old Bill. They should have interviewed her under caution not arranged for her to speak with the victim. What a bunch of bone idle useless ****. I’d consider making an official complaint.

Hope it all gets sorted OG.

crazy-legs

Oldgit: might be a bit late now but this thread on LFGSS has some very useful info about what to do if you’re involved in an accident.

Are you a member of BC/CTC? Could you get them involved?
    Best of luck getting it sorted.

Viewing 23 posts - 81 through 103 (of 103 total)

The topic ‘Rider down’ is closed to new replies.