Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Rider down-Northumberland
  • teethgrinder

Looks like there’s been an incident at Kiln Pit Hill on the A68. When I passed there was a road bike on the ground in front of a massive lorry.

gogg
    Free Member

Fingers crossed for the best possible outcome.

😕

neilthewheel

Bugger. the lorries create a massive backdraft when they thunder past on that stretch. Not all that busy but the traffic is fast. Hope the rider is OK.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    teethgrinder

Was at the crossroads. Looks like could have been head or side on, sadly.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Yuk, hope they’re ok. I hate that stretch, hard to avoid sometimes sadly.

project
    Free Member

From the local paper,but they then say it was a pedestrian

Sarah Jeffery
    TRAFFIC: Here is an update on the accident on the A68 at Kiln Pit Hill in Northumberland.

Northumbria Police were called to Kiln Pit Hill on the A68 southbound, near Hexham in Northumberland at 3.47pm today. This was due to reports of a collision between an HGV lorry and a male cyclist.

Paramedics are on the scene and the southbound lane is closed while collision is being dealt with by the emergency services.

No traffic issues have been reported.

teethgrinder

Sarah Jeffery
    TRAFFIC: Here is a further update regarding the earlier accident involving a lorry and a cyclist on the A68 at Kiln Pit Hill. The male cyclist was not seriously injured and the road is now re-opened.

Good news for the rider, then

dazzas
    Free Member

Hi I was the lad who stopped to help the cyclist yesterday and can say his injuries weren’t life threatening but will keep him off his bike for a while which I’m sure he’ll be gutted about has it was a brand new bike and he had done less than a mile on it. Just like to say the way the accident looked as though it had happened the lorry driver had cut the corner and not seen him until he was on the floor and his bike wheel under his tyre, I think this stretch of road could do with signs putting up to warn motorists about cyclists especially approaching junctions etc.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Rider down-Northumberland’ is closed to new replies.