Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Rider down – Hertford
  • enfht
    Free Member

Cyclist hit by a white van Sunday morning along Mangrove Road, road still closed when I was there later on in the day. Looks like it happened along the straight bit where the road zig-zags, hedgerows either side. Odd place for a crash. The copper said the victim had a broken pelvis and arm but had taken a turn for the worse at the hospital. News reports now say he’s been transferred to a London hospital and is ‘critical’. It only occurred to me later that my ex neighbor fits the description so am trying to get in touch! Grim situation, hope he pulls through.

pickle
    Free Member

Damn that sounds really bad, hope the poor guy pulls through

StirlingCrispin

Police are trying to trace a driver following a collision that left a 19-year-old man with a broken ankle.

http://www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/Teenage-cyclist-suffers-injury-Hertford-crash/story-28898624-detail/story.html

badnewz
    Free Member

Yep doesn’t sound good, I ride that road quite a bit and it has a few blind corners. The driver did stop in this instance.

enfht
    Free Member

I could see two police vehicles from where I was at the road block, they were at the eastern end of that straight section so that tight bend is probably where it happened.

badnewz
    Free Member

Was it a mountain biker do you know? I often use that road to get upto Broxbourne Woods.

enfht
    Free Member

Not sure, but given the time of day my guess is roadie.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Rider down – Hertford’ is closed to new replies.