Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Rider down, but not out.. (Just Giving content)
  • frogstomp

A great friend and riding buddy of mine, Justin suffered a cardiac arrest racing at last year’s Brighton Big Dog with life-changing consequences for him and his family (including the twin girls he only found out they were having days before).

Please take a couple of moments to read his story and if you have a few pounds to spare for a fellow MTBer to help him on his road to recovery it would be massively appreciated!

Just Giving

Scarcat67
    Free Member

Life can be so cruel at times, I have donated a little and shared on my FB page, Best Wishes to your friend Justin. Lets hope for his recovery to continue and to confound experts. Carry on being a great friend !

frogstomp

Many thanks for your donation Scarcat67 – every single donation is going to help!

Drac

Done and I’ll stick the thread for a week.

frogstomp

Many thanks Drac

👍

Shackleton

Shit. I only met Justin for a week in the alps but he is one of the nicest, funniest guys I’ve ever had the pleasure to meet. Remembering his antics on that holiday still bring a smile to my face. I remember him talking about wanting to be a dad, I hope he is able to become the dad he wanted to be.

seosamh77
    Free Member

all the best.

jkomo

Blimey.

pictonroad

I’ll stick it on the OC Facebook (Hoops, DrP etc) and my Facebook, will make Sure Jimbo gets it round the whole community down here. We ride together when times are good, time to support each other when times are bad.

James

v8ninety

There but for the grace of God goes us. Donated. All the best.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Sad news, just shared via Southern Enduro’s FB page, Justin was a regular racer 🙁

sillysilly
    Free Member

Sheeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiitttt, donated, good luck with recovery – hope you manage to get him back on a bike. Know there are much more important things but sometimes the simple targets help everything else along.

anagallis_arvensis

Good luck with it. Being a dad it makes you think

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Fingers crossed for a positive outcome, donation made.

frogstomp

Thanks for the amazing response – donations, shares and messages!

Alex

Blimey. That’s a tough break. Donated.

linchpin
    Free Member

Done.  Fingers crossed.

dcl

Donated and good luck!

Oblongbob

Likewise!

superfli
    Free Member

Just seen this. Awful news and I hope our donations help them through these tough times.

jsync

Done.

cheers_drive

Donated and shared. By coincidence I had ablation for AF today and have a 2 year old at home, I must say reading this made me feel so lucky.
    Really hope it works out for him.
    Rob

nickc

All the best, donated, hope recovery goes well.

johnikgriff
    Free Member

Done

bushman008
    Free Member

Awesome response all – great to see humanity in action – all the very best to Justin & family

frogstomp

Just a quick update, sly bump and another mega thank you.. the appeal has now reached almost 25% of it’s target.

Justin is now the proud father of twin girls and, thanks to the efforts of Chichester rehab centre and Worthing hospital maternity centre, was able to be there at the birth. B-)

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.