Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • rider down at woburn
  • jedi

any news? sounded bad 🙁
    i wsn’t there but a mate helped
    healing vibes

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Can be a bad place for a crash. Healing vibes from here as well.

jedi

sounds real bad. taken to oxford. 🙁
    defibbed on the trail

elliott-20
    Free Member

Not good. 🙁

Easy to get complacent in Woburn as most offs are pretty soft into the mulch/sand.

Sending vibes.

faint
    Free Member

from a mate of a mate.
    he’s been sedated, a lot of injuries internal and external.
    Nobody knows what happened, it was the last trail of the day.
    best wishes Weef

Trimix
    Free Member

Ouch, thats not good.

A while back I rode there with a mate who fell off and broke his collar bone, not that bad I know, but it was one week before his wedding 🙁

One the way to the hospital I lent him my phone while I drove, he rang his missus-to-be and I could hear her shouting at him. I reckon that hurt more.

bearman
    Free Member

Not a nice first post for me but this was taken from another forum i use…

A work mate of mine was involved in a serious accident at Woburn this weekend.
    He hit a tree at a fair old whack and is now in a induced coma with two punctured lungs, 3 fractured vertabra and suspected brain damage with the possibilty of being paralysed down one side.

🙁

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

F–K. puts my previous broken bones into perspective. Healing vibes.

oldgit
    Free Member

from a mate of a mate.
    he’s been sedated, a lot of injuries internal and external.
    Nobody knows what happened, it was the last trail of the day.
    best wishes Weef

Anymore on this, I know weefy and the guys he rides with.

KonaTC

Bl@@dy hell, having ridden at Woburn for about 8 years on and off; I never thought it was that dangerous. 😯

Hope it all goes ok and he makes a full recovery

jedi

I hope he is ok. My mate carried him out with the services. Jumping with the saddle up 🙁

gsp1984
    Free Member

Put my broken arm / wrist at the weekend into perspective!

get well soon 🙁

donks
    Free Member

Nightmare 😥 I take it this was at the jumps area?
    There was an airlift some years back I believe. They took some of the old shore stuff away afterwards.
    Pretty humbling stuff he has my well wishes

deadkenny
    Free Member

Kona TC – Member
    Bl@@dy hell, having ridden at Woburn for about 8 years on and off; I never thought it was that dangerous.

Could happen anywhere really, dangerous looking place or not. Just unfortunate things that happen, especially where trees are involved.

Hopefully the suspected list of things turn out to not be quite so bad. They do initially suspect all kinds of things and then spend time checking it all out very carefully. Head and spine injuries really can be bad from seemingly simple smashes.

Healing vibes for sure.

TheFopster
    Free Member

A series of small incidents lead me to go full tilt into a tree at Woburn. Collar bone and four ribs and massive bruising – was in significant pain for a month. Considered myself unlucky. Have now revised my view. Hope he recovers fully – sounds very scary indeed. Best wishes to the rider and those around him. Sobering thoughts here.

velocipede
    Free Member

Ouch – best wishes for recovery to this guy – never good to hear such news

pingu66
    Free Member

Best wishes to the guy, hope he makes a miraculous recovery.

mega
    Free Member

:(Thoughts with this guy, his friends and family.
    Wishing a full recovery for him.

bol

Horrible news. Sadly, life-changing crashes are more common than you’d think. My wife works in Neuro rehab and regularly sees MTB and road riders who are coming to terms with the changes that a head injury have made to them physically and mentally. It certainly is sobering.

Very best wishes for a good recovery.

_tom_
    Free Member

Read about this on facebook, didn’t think it would be so serious. Does anyone know how it happened yet? I ride at Woburn all the time and had a few crashes but nothing this serious. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was something to do with front wheel washing out, it’s so sandy there at the minute.

iain1775
    Free Member

Shit, that’s nasty
    Hope he pulls through and ends up not as bad as first thought

maxtorque

Yikes! Another Woburn regular here, and i tend to think of the place as actually quite forgiving to fall off! However the tree’s deffinately don’t move out of the way, so i could imagine a small off building into something a lot bigger 😉

Best wishes to the injured party!!

labsey
    Free Member

Damn. Best wishes and support to the fella.

flap_jack
    Free Member

Another Woburn regular here sending his best. I’ve been bitten worse at Woburn than in all my many Alpine adventures…familiarity breeding contempt. Stay safe vibes.

spacemonkey

Sh1t! Very sobering indeed 🙁 Big healing vibes to man down and those close to him.

mandog

Best wishes and again hoping for a miraculous recovery.

petehunjan
    Free Member

Another Woburn regular here . . . .best wishes for a quick and full recovery. Pete

oldgit
    Free Member

Its weefy I’m afraid. At the moment he is in an induced coma at the John Radcliffe. It’s serious, but its not for me to say anymore.

beckykirk43
    Free Member

Always terrible to hear about a big crash, and any injuries. That sounds particularly horrific – best wishes for a speedy recovery! Hope his family + friends are all OK too…

ononeorange

Best wishes from here too.

ampthill

Terrible news

Trees are very unforgiving. I hit one very gently about a year and a half ago. I crushed 2 fingers and hurt my shoulder. All very minor but I had nealry stopped.

I hope for all concerned that things improve. My thought are with family and friends.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Bloody Hell that sounds bad hope for best.Its like the Forest of Dean runs you are hammering down these runs trees all around not alot of protection bit scary at times.Best everybody prays for him he needs all the help he can get.

Blurboy
    Free Member

Just read this – best wishes for a full recovery from another Woburn regular.

chambo82
    Free Member

Yep another woburn regular here sending best wishes, certainly puts things in perspective when hear terrbile news like this, any updates on how they guy is?

MarkN
    Free Member

Never ridden Woburn but all the very best to him. Healing vibes for a full and swift recovery.

jo2910
    Free Member

Terrible news. I was around on that day. Him and his mates were doing some xc / trail ride around the woods and would sometime end up going down the transfer line at a good speed. Just to be clear there are no gaps or anything dangerous on that line just one table top in the middle. It’s probably the most popular line.

We tried to understand what happen but I think it simply was an unfortunate accident that had some very serious consequence. He went off track after a roller so maybe the high seat was an issue…

We must thank the paramedics and doctor that came down. Healing vibes to him.

lungman

terrible news, hope its not as bad as initally suspected.Healing vibes on the way, certainly pust my broken ankle in prespective 🙁

lhabitantdepointe
    Free Member

Where is the transfer line? I have ridden woburn half a dozen times so not overly familiar

_tom_
    Free Member

Its on the “dh” hill, push straight up the middle, face down the hill and its the main one on your right with a sign that says transfer line 🙂

MarkN
    Free Member

Any good news on this story?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘rider down at woburn’ is closed to new replies.