Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Ride with me near Bracknell
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Anyone want to show me round some evenings this week?

cinnamon_girl

Do you mean Swinley Forest?

molgrips
    Free Member

Well I dunno. Is that the best place to go? Staying down there for business, see. I just found Swinley when I googled – where do you get those permits from? And should I take my big bike for the jumps?

knottie8
    Free Member

Swinley is great ,I was lucky and had a wonderful guide/riding godess show me around. 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

🙂 I was going to take my road bike down this week to do some intervals again but I think I might stick the mtb in the car instead 🙂

cinnamon_girl

For offroad, yes! Permits are available online, just print out and keep with you when riding:

https://sslrelay.com/www.mbsawebsite.com/sess/utn15495a9f9b1b60b/shopdata/index.shopscript

There is a jump gulley but I reckon you would be better with a normal XC type bike for the rest of the trails.

Perhaps start a thread asking about Swinley evening rides? I could show you round but you sound far too fast for me!

cinnamon_girl

Oooh knottie – you charmer you 😉

molgrips – I did wonder when you asked about quiet roads. I will happily show you around depending on what time you could get there for. I don't have lights.

molgrips
    Free Member

I think I can't get out til probly six thirty or seven on Monday, could do 5.30 on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday tho.

I have lights up the yingyang tho if you want to borrow some 🙂

cinnamon_girl

Can't do Tuesday and probably not Wednesday. Thursday would be best and the weather sounds good too 🙂

Thanks for offer of lights but I don't do night riding! If we start at 5.30 then we will definitely get a couple of hours riding.

E-mail in profile.

molgrips
    Free Member

K, thanks 🙂

Is it bad in the wet?

cinnamon_girl

No, Swinley holds up very well in the wet but I have noticed that an awful lot of roots are appearing where previously they were hidden. It's due to its popularity.

Some trails are sanitised aggregated so no problem with those. To be honest, it does need damping down a bit cos it's very sandy at the moment.

molgrips
    Free Member

Right. Speedkings stay on then. Cheers 🙂

littlebear
    Free Member

I'm gonna be there Tuesday and Thursday from about 5.30pm. I will be riding with a mate who is still in the early stages, so will be kinda civilized. Also i am off to Wales on Friday morn so don't want to burn myself out? Usually do about 1.30-2hrs depending on how my mate looks after about an hour in the saddle 😆 If you would like to join us PM me?

Ben

molgrips
    Free Member

I'll be in touch if it goes ahead…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Ride with me near Bracknell’ is closed to new replies.