Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Ride suggestions – En-route to Bike Park Wales
  • grobin13
    Free Member

I have 2 days booked at BPW with my mate on Monday. We are heading down from Yorkshire 1st thing tomorrow and looking for a trail centre / ride suggestion on the way (closer to BPW is better). Was thinking Forest of Dean but been there before so keen to try somewhere new. Will be on my ling travel bike so looking more trail centre or gravity orientated rather than XC. Any suggestions welcomed..

nickdavies

Cwmcarn would be the obvious one if FOD is out. Everything else in the area is the wrong side of Wales or back up in the Midlands assuming you’re going straight down the m5.

davewalsh
    Free Member

Long Mynd is a good option for a half-way stop.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Blaengarw is about 45 mins futher in Wales from BPW and is great fun – short but sweet, black climb is a challenge, but so is the descent – in a good way 🙂

The locals are real friendly IME – also no bugger goes there :mrgreen:

nickjb
    Free Member

Cwmcarn would be might choice. Good range of trails now. Might even get an uplift or 2. As an aside you don’t really need a long travel bike for bpw. The descents are more like the downs of an xc trail centre rather than full on downhill.

therag
    Free Member

Cwmcarn
    Black mountains

grobin13
    Free Member

Looks like Cwmcarn is the one. Nickjb – taking my Capra which should do the job.

therag
    Free Member

Ride cafall trail, lots of diversions on the twrch

welshfarmer

Black Mountains Cycle centre if there is space. Give Joe a bell and see.

Homepage

grobin13
    Free Member

Therag good heads up. Is the cafell trail similar and still worth heading to or do we divert and go to FOD?

funky
    Free Member

Rode the Cafall Friday and it is running very well. The Twrch is shorter and has some diversions in by all accounts.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Ride suggestions – En-route to Bike Park Wales’ is closed to new replies.