• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by xcgb.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Ride London – Crossing/Joining the route
  • ant77
    Free Member

Ride London will be carving its way through the Surrey Hills this weekend.

I need to get from Guildford to Dorking and back again.
    I’ll be riding the mountain bike, but will need to cross at Newlands Corner, and then plan on heading up to Holmbury/Winterfold etc and cutting across Leith and then down.

How strict are they on non competitors using sections of road? The majority of the route will be off road, but there will be sections I’ll need to link up (Shere – Winterfold).

I could work round it and just do crossings, but it will mean missing out some quite nice sections of trail…

northerntom
    Free Member

just do this:

repeatedly.

jam-bo

i seem to remember every junction was marshalled.

xcgb
    Free Member

I live on the route in the Surrey hills and have never been stopped by marshalls on a bike riding the roads on the course, I have done sections just for the novelty of no cars

atlaz
    Free Member

How strict are they on non competitors using sections of road?

Not sure but I’d guess they wouldn’t be that keen otherwise you could just pitch up after the start and ride the whole thing without paying

ant77
    Free Member

Atlaz, agreed. A bit like the London to Brighton.

I find some marshalls can be a bit militant. Live in Dorking so have quite a few races come through. 3 hours prior to one big one (can’t remember which) and I got shouted at for the audacity of riding my bike from one end of the high street to the other. Had to get off and push behind the barriers on what little was left of the pavement.

I’ll prob join halfway up a road then (which is the plan) and then disappear again halfway up another road…

xcgb
    Free Member

Not sure but I’d guess they wouldn’t be that keen otherwise you could just pitch up after the start and ride the whole thing without paying

There is nothing to stop you as far as I can see, apart from a number but its easy to knock that up

I have thought about joining in as I live at the halfway point but then i realise the hills will be quieter so thats where i’ll be!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Ride London – Crossing/Joining the route’ is closed to new replies.