Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Ride in Uppermill / Saddleworth
  • ronniebond

Hello,

Just moved to the area, looking for a new ride in the uppermill / saddleworth area for tomorrow. Don’t’ mind going a bit further afield. Went round the ‘diggle jiggle’ the other day which was fun, is there much else about?
    cheers
    Ron

nick1962
    Free Member

You could join this FB group.John leads rides around Saddleworth from time to time and knows the area.Maybe ask for some Strava links?
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Mountain.Bike.Shenanigans/

riklegge

Ron, lots of stuff around; what sort of thing are you looking for? Dovestones area is great for more technical riding, or there’s lots of normal trails around. I’d recommend heading towards Delph, castleshaw, standedge, boat lane to Diggle, over the hill back towards Delph. The garden centre just outside of Uppermill towards Delph does great cakes too.

I’m over the hill in Marsden if you ever want showing around anywhere.

ronniebond

Thanks for the responses, have asked to join that Facebook group and heading over to dovestones later today to check it out.
    Also important to know the cakes are good at the garden centre !
    Cheers
    Ron

Stevelol
    Free Member

John does a ride every week or so, today was Blackstone Edge 🙂 we have a Ron too that is like a walking tracking GPS for Scammonden/Hebden.

stevedoc
    Free Member

I’m from Greenfield and there are a load of good trails around Doveys,over to Marsden and a fair few round Stalybridge all easy to add together to get a Good days riding in

abeach

A group of us ride every Wednesday night starting from the Police Station car park in Uppermill at 7.10pm. Feel free to come along, we don’t ‘rip legs off’! Usually have a pint or a few after too.

mcnultycop

Dovestones, haul your way up to Chew (the big paved road after the boathouse).

Left just before the top, bobble along, pick a descent back to Dovestones. All cheeky (other than the climb) but no one ever seems to bother.

Edith (or Edith’s) is a nice jumpy bit that finishes behind the wall at the boathouse.

ronniebond

This is great, I will definitely come out for a Wednesday night ride, I am working away in London for the next 2 weeks but then will be back for good so look out for me, my wife Kirsty might come along sooner.
    We were out at dovestones on Sunday and it was great. Really glad to have moved up here!
    Cheers
    Ron

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Ride in Uppermill / Saddleworth’ is closed to new replies.