Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Ride from Tebay
  • StuE
    Free Member

Anyone remember a ride published in Singletrack that started from the back of Tebay services or did I dream it

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I remember they did it. But not the details.

StuE
    Free Member

Have tried looking at back issues in the mag archive but still can’t find it

Esme
    Free Member

There was a thread on here a couple of months ago (TJ asking for riding suggestions close to M6) where several people recommended routes in this area. Can’t find it though, as Search only goes back a month 😡

Esme
    Free Member

Try the Orton and Great Asby ride on the Bogtrotters site
    Great Asby is lovely

toonfan
    Free Member

The killer loop in the latest MBR is in that sort of area.. Starts in Orton i think (mag is in my locker at work)..

druidh
    Free Member

Esme – try “advanced search”

tomaso
    Free Member

Its a great bit of the Lakes/Dales that just seems to get overlooked, which is a shame on the one hand but on the other you’ll have it all to yourself. The drop from the top of Breasthigh Road down to Borrowdale is a cracker streetmap borrowdale

Esme
    Free Member

Thanks, Druidh 😀
    Here’s the other thread

StuE
    Free Member

MBR route is the one we are thinking of doing,but I have done their routes before and was looking for an alternative.

StuE
    Free Member

It was in issue 59, found it with advanced search

toonfan
    Free Member

If you do the MBR one, could you let me know what it’s like please??

I’m tempted, i did the Bolts Law one from a couple of issues back and really liked it.

StuE
    Free Member

Will do

Trekster

first few times mate and I did Bowderdale/Calf to Sedburgh route we started at Tebay and added on the Borrowdale loop
    We also did a trailquest from the service area and there are lots of interesting BWs in the area, fair bit of road miles to join them all up

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I did the orton loop – just the east half of the killer ride – very good in a scenic not too gnarly sort of way.

email if you need the route.

boxelder

It will be very muddy in parts at the moment (unsurprisingly). Sections are limestone

StuE
    Free Member

Did the MBR route today, wished we hadn’t, route description was useless, do they ever ride the routes? Lots of pushing up some very big hills,very strong winds and low cloud on the tops,rode the last 5 miles in the dark with 3 rear lights between us but no front, was a ride I won’t be doing again

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Ride from Tebay’ is closed to new replies.