Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Ride at lunchtime, or after work?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

My brain's too feeble to think about this today.

1) 1h45 ride at lunchtime. I'll be able to ride without carrying anything, which will be nice, but I have forgotten shower gel and a towel so the post-ride shower will have to be either nicked shower gel or toilet hand soap, and a combination of drip-drying and wads of paper towels. A super long lunch break might annoy my colleages too.

2) 2hr ride after work. The roads will be busy, and I'll have to carry my fairly heavy laptop bag. But at least I won't have to get changed again back into sweaty cycling clothes for a third time in the day.

What should it be folks?

Hohum
    Free Member

The second option for me.

What kind of job do you do? I know my colleagues would think I had gone competely mad if I came into the office dripping wet after lunchtime.

molgrips
    Free Member

It's IT – but I work for one company at another company's site, so I'm slightly conscious of image. But I don't think they'd care. It's just the lateness part that vaguely concerns me. But not much 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

Whichever option has the best offroad

molgrips
    Free Member

It's a road ride unfortunately!

DezB
    Free Member

(I knew that 😉 )

Go for the lunchtime one. It'll make the day go quicker.

sputnik
    Free Member

Don't put it off, lunchtime ride.

molgrips
    Free Member

True, plus I might be more cheerful in the afternoon.

Bit concerned about the shower but I might be able to do something. It's hard enough to get dry in there even with a towel though, it's so hot and humid.

xc-steve
    Free Member

Both?!

From the multiple times I've forgotten my towel I've found a cycling top is quite a good towel and dries quickly! Drip dry in Shower as long as you can, dry hairs with cycling top and change into work attire jobs a goodun bit uncomfortable to start with but you'll soon dry fully!

molgrips
    Free Member

Yeah but my cycling top was minging after the ride! I found some shower gel, let myself drip a bit then used a wad of paper towels to speed the drying along a bit.

1.5 hours actual riding time instead of two, having faffed about a little too much and got a bit lost, but was only away 12-2 so that wasn't too bad.

Hohum
    Free Member

I am bored at work and after remembering this thread I had a look to read what you did.

I could not dry myself with my cycling top after having been for a ride as it is normally soaking in sweat (I am a sweaty bugger in nearly all weathers).

Are you going for your after work cycle as well?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Ride at lunchtime, or after work?’ is closed to new replies.