Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Ride-all-night 24hr at Weston Park. Anyone else entered this… Is it a con???!!
  • dickydutch

Feel free not to email us oldgit to keep us updated. But it's alright to do that.

oldgit
    Free Member

Fair do's. But it sounded like to me anyway that he had an event to sell.
    There are like you say less dodgy ways to do this i.e make it clear youre getting a pot together to get this thing off the ground, but to give costs, dates and a venue is very very wrong.
    If I was still working at my old place I would have had to book that time off and plan my training and family life around it.

oldgit
    Free Member

Lee Anderson'esque.

oldgit
    Free Member

And JB at least you don't have to ask the question 'What tyres for Weston Park'

dickydutch

Exactly. I'd say we were entirely justified in assuming he had an event OK'd with the guys at Weston Park.
    Admittedly I could have done some research prior to entering and would probably have realised that he tried to get it up and running in 2008 and failed.
    Just boiled my p**s a little that he hadn't contacted anyone even though he hadn't cashed any cheques. I wonder if he'd have let everyone just turn up anyway.

oldgit
    Free Member

We could all still turn up and ask for Chris 🙂

walleater

Ah, I thought this was familiar from a year or so ago. It was sort of marketed as an MTB event / party / rave / whatever. Ignoring the fact that is was going to be held on the flattest place on earth and the prices were a joke, it did remind me of the old Malverns Challenge / Classic days pre stabbing and drinks ban. It sucked when beer tents went AWOL.

dickydutch

Sorry walleater – malverns challenge means nothing to me!? 🙄

walleater

Circa 1945, there was a weekend of races held in Eastnor Paaaaark, near Malvern. It was always very warm and sunny so having a huge beer tent was extremely useful. After one or two shandys, future policemen, world class downhillers and MTB journos could be found climbing up to the top of the tent and rolling down it, landing around or on security guards. In the early innocent days there was only minor drug taking and random punchings, but someone did get stabbed in one of the subsequent events.

Bring back events like this I say.

Harry_the_Spider

Bring back events like this I say.

We are doing.

July 17th.

No stabbings though please.

oldgit
    Free Member

Think Altamont with bicycles.

terrahawk
    Free Member

we will have a beer tent with a large bicycle race-sized opening at each end, pit stop in the middle on the bar side.

Maybe.

And a rock band on the other side.

Perhaps.

Who knows. We'll have sod all if you don't send us a cheque. We will however have permission.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Ride-all-night 24hr at Weston Park. Anyone else entered this… Is it a con???!!’ is closed to new replies.