Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Ride-all-night 24hr at Weston Park. Anyone else entered this… Is it a con???!!
  • JB
    Free Member

I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has entered the Ride All Night 24hr race at Weston Park Staffordshire on 24/25th April?
    I sent my entry in ages ago with a cheque and heard nothing… emailed them last week to see what was happening with no response. I'm beginning to think I've been conned!!!

njee20
    Free Member

Their website appears to have gone…

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

ouch… 😐

Lifer
    Free Member

How long ago? You may still be able to cancel the cheque…

dickydutch

If thats the case and theyve nicked off, I'll be riding all night to thier office with my set of bombers.

wombat

I nearly did but decided against it a few days ago…it just didn't feel right to me for some reason, not sure why

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

http://www.rideallnight.co.uk/

i just found all the details by banging it in to google inc a phone number

njee20
    Free Member

Aye, and I get an error message on that web page.

wwaswas

From Google Cache;

Email: contact@rideallnight.co.uk
    Telephone: 07800 736287

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

i can open the page fine. the above number and email is correct from the website.

wwaswas

1111 – it's possible you have it in cache from a previous visit – it's certainly not working now.

http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/www.rideallnight.co.uk

woody2000

Domain name has expired according to whois

Funking barsteward if it's a con. Contact Weston Pk maybe?

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Googling it seems to throw up a name that posted exactly the same details about it on numerous forums, might be worth checking out?

JB
    Free Member

I've just tried ringing the number… number unobtainable!!!
    Oh dear… looks like we've been had!!!

Anyone got any bright ideas what to do next… its really only £60 so not the end of the world, but its the principal… and how many others have been caught?

woody2000

No mention on the Weston Pk "What's on" page. Looks like it's a duffer 🙁

Speshpaul

Contact weston park first if they know nothing about it then the police.

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

i have never visited the site before?

njee20
    Free Member

Are you actually the owner of it then, as no one else can get on it!?

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

im going to try it at on a different IP address

crazy-legs

That website worked only a couple of days ago, there was another thread about it somewhere. The website was bloody awful, flash graphics and music and stupid pingy noises every time you clicked on anything.

njee20
    Free Member

Yes I remember actually, very very annoying!

JamesP
    Free Member

Yeah. It worked a couple of days ago. I posted in this thread http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/did-that-event-that-was-charging-70-happen

…and it was definitely working then.

I didn't think it was dodgy but never expected it to happen due to crazy prizes and no promotion.

scholarsgate
    Free Member

I emailed the guy about taking part but £60 just for supporters was a bit much

Anyhow he replied on this email

christopherbuttler-1@pophost.123-reg.co.uk

Might be some help…

scholarsgate
    Free Member

here you go…

Looks like he might be on facebook

Harry_the_Spider

I can understand why it has gone bump. But if they've taken the cash it is disgusting.

JB
    Free Member

Just managed to check my account and to be fair my cheque has not been cashed… (Cancelled it now)… It seems there's a bit of a history between Mr Buttler and the people at Weston Park, he failed to gather sufficient interest and/or sponsorship to run the event in 2008 and it was canceled, he talked about it again in 2009 but never got it off the ground. As for this year, he hadnt even talked to Weston Park so it was never going to happen this year.
    Many Thanks for your help guys
    JB

Harry_the_Spider

😯

terrahawk
    Free Member

unbe-****-lievable.

dickydutch

Got hold of the "organiser" via facebook. Emailed him essentially saying I hope he wasn't taking the mickey etc. This was his reply.:

Re: Ride All Night
    Hi Rich, Thanks for the Email.
    Unfortunalty the event is canceled for this year. We tried this and last year but did not get enough numbers for the event to go ahead. No money has been cashed and your cheque can be sent back to you or distroyed. Sorry but I have to send emails to everyone. Kind Regards Chris

Organisational skills are as lacking as his english skills it would seem. What a chump.

terrahawk
    Free Member

ah well, at least he's not done a bunk with your money though.

You can use some of it to enter Hit the North 2, 17th July
    …and still have money left over for the beer tent.

gee
    Free Member

Event didn't happen.

No cheques cashed.

What's the problem?

GB

dickydutch

He didnt inform us that the event wasn't happening thats my problem. To take the site down and not inform anyone is a bit unprofessional in my eyes. Maybe the 60 odd quid isn't as iportant to you?

gee
    Free Member

But you haven't lost 60 odd quid. If you had, I'd say you have every right to call him a cock.

dickydutch

I had to chase him for an event which I paid for. I shouldn't have to chase him! I also didn't say I'd lost 60 odd quid.

scu98rkr
    Free Member

I dont know if he's soo much a **** as just completely disorganised and inept.

dickydutch

I also didn't call him a cock!?
    Either way, I've done his job for him and made an attempt to inform people who have paid him money (and lots of it) in good faith, for an event which didn't even have permission from the owners of the venue he proposed to hold it on.

oldgit
    Free Member

Nothing wrong with taking money for something you can't supply or never had. Call me old fashioned, but it sounds borderline ilegal.

BTW anyone interested a Colnago with full super record £3000 pics available when and if I ever get one 😉

scu98rkr
    Free Member

"Nothing wrong with taking money for something you can't supply or never had. Call me old fashioned, but it sounds borderline ilegal."

But the whole point is he didnt take any money.

He asked for the payment via cheque but didnt cash them. I imagine this was so he could go to Weston Park say look I've got all these cheques will you let me do the event.

This is a pretty dodgy way of going about things alright but not the same as taking people money.

DWH
    Free Member

Ah well, maybe you'll be a bit more careful who you send cheques to in future. Lesson learned and no harm done as far as I can see.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Ride-all-night 24hr at Weston Park. Anyone else entered this… Is it a con???!!’ is closed to new replies.