Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • ride advice, norwich to exeter.
  • birdo
    Free Member

i live near norwich and have family down in devon. for sometime the idea of riding down there has crossed my mind. in a car you`re looking at about a 300 mile trip.what i m thinking of is taking a week off next summer and riding down there. i ll probably be taking a cross bike. i dont really want to go on any main roads on my route and would like to get as much as poss done off road. has any crazy fool out there ever done anything like this so they could offer some advice and are there any suggestions for places i should try and hit on the route.

slugwash
    Free Member

The Ridgeway & canals some of the way?

ajantom

A good middle sectio would be the Ridgeway – runs from Buckinghamshire all the way through Oxfordshire and into Wiltshire. About 90 miles in all, and most can be done off road woth some linking sections.

Once you're in Wiltshire, then you head round Salisbury Plain (lots of )trails), or down through Somerset.

Lionheart
    Free Member

very roughly, Salisbury -ish get the canals once in west country proper look at the SusTrans trails

kaiser
    Free Member

research the Fosse way
    afaik it runs from exeter to lincoln

birdo
    Free Member

thanks guys that`s food for thought . what type of daily mileage would you think is realistically achievable ?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘ride advice, norwich to exeter.’ is closed to new replies.