Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Ride Across Britain – real RAAM Style – who is with me?
  • Smee
    Free Member

Cracknell's Effort

1100 quid to ride 110 miles a day ? Isn't that a riding holiday?
    Isnt the idea of the RAAM to ride non stop or as close to non stop as possible ?

How about doing it audax rules, starting a day later?

That gives you guys plenty training time.

cp

yep, WAY too expensive IMO – I'm planning on riding LE to JOG next year and it's gonna cost a **** load less than that!

trail_rat
    Free Member

and be alot quicker im sure CP even at a leisurely pace…..

would make a good summer holiday next year if my achillies is better !

Smee
    Free Member

JOGLEJOG is an option too. Pass them on the way down then pass them on the way back telling them how long ago we were in Lands End. 😀

racefaceec90

i would love to,but 2 problems.1.)i am incredibly unfit. 2.)do not have £1100,unemployed at present!!!but good luck to you,and everyone who enters!!!

trail_rat
    Free Member

erm or end up in a crumpled heap sleeping/drooling in a bus stop TZF

Smee
    Free Member

Trail_rat – Sounds like a typical friday night from my teenage years, so no problem there.

Smee
    Free Member

Just me and Terry then?

brant
    Free Member

RAAM is more like JOGLEJOGLEJOGLE isn't it?

Smee
    Free Member

RAAM is ~3000milesm JOGLE is 874miles.

cp

yeah, my plan is self supported in less than a week.

I can't imagine many serious 'cyclists' will be up for cracknells event, maybe business types in London up for a 'team challenege' type thing.

it's nothing like the challenge of RAAM though.

IanMunro
    Free Member

“We wanted to create a cycling event that would give everybody the opportunity to challenge themselves to get outdoors and achieve something new and exciting in a supportive environment.

Well everyone with 1100 quid 🙂
    Surely the fact that this is sponsored by Deloitte means that it's going to be some corporate focussed wankerthon for out of work bankers to make new business contacts whilst wobbling from one end of the country to the other demonstrating that there TEAM players or whatever type of whoring is required to get another rung up the corporate ladder.
    Or am I getting cynical now that youth has left me 🙂

Smee
    Free Member

That's pretty much my thinking too. Hence the idea of showing them how it should be done.

finbar
    Free Member

I'd be up for it… the audax version, not the corporate wankathon. What were you thinking for overnights? Bivvying?

IanMunro
    Free Member

Sounds tempting.

Smee
    Free Member

Bivvying would work, or sleeping in bus stops has also been suggested. 😉
    I am open to ideas.

finbar
    Free Member

Well, trouble with bivvying is no access to showers. Okay for two days maybe but things would get pretty icky over any longer. Maybe schedule in campsite stops on alternate nights?

Smee
    Free Member

Whatever folk want to do.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Real long distance hard-men keep themselves free of crotch rot using a baby wipe a day don't they finbar?

IanMunro
    Free Member

Real long distance hard-men keep themselves free of crotch rot by sitting on a fresh baby each day.

finbar
    Free Member

Ah, i did wonder. Fresh babies – much better idea!

Smee
    Free Member

And that'll be why that event costs £1100. Suddenly everything becomes clear.

trail_rat
    Free Member

if you want a shower then try 24 hour service stations 😉 just dont drop the soap …or youll get to see another side of a truckie ….

my own interpretation of audax rules is … you go till you need to stop night and day …then have a wee 40min nap if you neeed it –

fresh babys for saddles …. nice – break in easier than a brooks too

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Ride Across Britain – real RAAM Style – who is with me?’ is closed to new replies.