Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Rick Parfitt now!
  • slowoldman
    RustySpanner

Ah bollocks.

One of the most underrated guitarists ever and a bit of a hero.

Loved Quo from being a kid.
    Still love ’em now.

S’gonna be a loud night…

Rockape63
    Free Member

🙁

righog
    Free Member

Was just talking about him yesterday hoping he would be able to play live again 🙁

I love Quo very underated

CheesybeanZ

🙁 grew up listing to Quo , he really was a very underrated guitarist and great live performer . Looks like he died of an infection after surgery .

seadog101

2016 can just do one, that’s enough alright!

Quo, whatever you feel about the music critically, were ace, straight forward no fuss rock.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Oh, that’s sad.

welshfarmer

A huge influence on my formative years. RIP Rick

jambalaya
    Free Member

@righog +1

RIP and thanks for all the smiles

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The chords will live on.

Sad news.

binners

Very sad indeed. But I doubt that he breathed his last thinking ‘if only there had been more good times…..’

R.I.P 😥

tomhoward

🙁

taxi25
    Free Member

“Got any Quo mate”
    🙁

newrobdob
    Free Member

Any performance of Caroline by the the Mighty Quo starts with a TEXTBOOK lesson in how to play a guitar properly by Rick. Thrashing chords, perfect rock stance and guitar face.

One of my favourite bands and I am GUTTED I never got to see them in a smaller gig.

Click and turn it up, even if only for Rick at the beginning showing the younguns how it should be done.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVxqgCHpatA&sns=em[/video]

newrobdob
    Free Member

I would say the live at the NEC version is the best though but it’s not in YouTube, sos!

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

RIP

kayla1
    Free Member

2016 sucks humongous balls. 🙁

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Sad times. Part of my youth. My dad still covers Burning Bridges, amongst others, in his band. Sad loss. 2016 you’ve been great, but a bit of a dick.

MoreCashThanDash

Still one of the most fun gigs I’ve ever been to.

What a life he lived.

boggie62
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5P3gvQ3f5E[/video]

BlobOnAStick

I guess it’s down to Francis Rossi to maintain the status quo now…….

milky1980
    Free Member

Bugger 🙁

mikey74
    Free Member

You know? I’ve never been a Quo fan, and I never will be, but this really shocked me. I don’t know if it’s the surprise or that it could possibly have been avoided (of course, I don’t have the full facts). I guess there are some things you always expect to be there.

Sad times.

seadog101

“Parfitt was known for his battered Fender Telecaster, and was happy to joke about his band’s reputation for only knowing a limited number of chords. “I saw The Kinks at the Taunton Odeon [in the ’60s],” he told Guitarist. “Then I used to go to see beat groups at the local Co-op venue. Every time I went along, I’d watch the guitar player and learn a new chord. I only went to three shows, of course.”

Perfectly said.

MrOvershoot

He used to park his untaxed beige Bentley at our work as he was good mates with our MD, I only spoke to him once but he was so charmingly down to earth & polite in a slightly outside the norm sort of way.

Sort of like the Uncle everyone wished they had as he had a slight edge to him?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Rick Parfitt now!’ is closed to new replies.