Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 526 total)
  • Richmond Park road rage nutjob..
  • timmys

I bloody knew it! Food served on wooden boards. It just gets worse.

jamesfts
    Free Member

Not a plate in sight!!

It’ gets even funking worse!

Edric64
    Free Member

Could be worse ,they could serve **** food on roofing slates !

cynic-al
    Free Member

convert – Member
    Calm, does not necessarily mean passive though.

Indeed, the previous armchair hardman comment did impress us too 🙄

convert

the previous armchair hardman comment did impress us too

there’s very little ‘armchair’ about me sunshine 😉
    in all seriousness it’s a character trait that I should not be particularly proud of and will probably get me in trouble some day.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Mr Jason Wells is getting a right kicking on twitter & facebook, and several news websites have named him.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

It’s made the Daily Wail:

Link

Apologies for the Wail link, please feel free to repost edited.

jekkyl

Oh dear the comments on the fail page make for depressing reading.

joolsburger
    Free Member

I started reading them and stopped before it started to upset me. The ignorance of fail readers is beyond belief although the article seems to favour the cyclist so I’m all confused now.

aracer
    Free Member

No requirement to slow down if you can see there is nothing you’ll have to give way to – good visibility to the right. Of course you’re not supposed to overtake when going round one, and law says you MUST pass round the central markings, so as much as I’d like to suggest they’re all blameless I have to admit that some of them are doing something wrong.

2. Still trying to work out what triggered it – when the 4X4 first goes past it’s not actually much closer than the Ka was when it went past

Maybe not when it starts to overtake, but it then pulls in whilst it’s still alongside the cyclist. The cyclist is pretty restrained with his “oh come on” call which is barely a shout.

aracer
    Free Member

I long ago learned to ignore all the idiots posting comments on online news sites, and there are some gems on there:

He is probably in a rage because he is running late for his bondage party

moose
    Free Member

He is dressed like a shit midget Hasselhoff.

DT78
    Free Member

Well, given the publicity I doubt very much if the angry man will behave in this way again, so hopefully a result. Likely he’ll be selling on his motor pretty sharpish too.

Can’t believe people genuinely think it is okay to treat other people like this, whether on a bike or not. I got abuse the other day for riding on the road next to a cycle lane. I was averaging 27mph, there were kids and people walking dogs on the dual use path….driver still couldn’t comprehend why I wasn’t using it.

moose
    Free Member

@DT78, I think that pretty much on point. I’ve been cut up by roadies, and when I’ve been commuting on my DH bike, been cut up. There’s just no need to treat people in that way.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I long ago learned to ignore all the idiots posting comments on online news sites, and there are some gems on there:

You need to generalise it a little wider on the internet 😉

It is rather worrying that we are [ largely] like pseuds corner of the internet

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I wonder how popular his cycle cafes will be now?

Unchained at Brew

Superficial
    Free Member

The crimes keep on coming

First the ignorance of the law/highway code followed by toddler rage
    Champagne night
    Then the wooden platters
    And now a two-faced attempt to appeal to the fixie hipster crowd he clearly despies

What a jebend.

richardthird

Gear cable tension adjustment £10

What a farking liberty.

bigblackshed

drlex – Member
    The charming fellow lives locally in the (Royal) Borough – glossy mag blurb – note the Black LR Discovery visible through the half-open door in the picture half-way down on the right.

Just posted a link to his shouty video on his article.

😆

butcher

I wonder how shouty he will be when he sees all this… 😆

PJM1974
    Free Member
    aracer
    Free Member

Link to this thread on his FB page? 😈

brooess
    Free Member

I do like the idea of him wrecking his bike-related caff business because of this – hit him where it hurts. Facebook is taking a pasting too.

Most of the time when you get this kind of treatment the worst thing is that feeling you can do nothing to defend yourself and no way of ensuring punishment is given. It’s interesting how much this thing has exploded – I suspect there’s so many cyclists who’re sick and tired of the harassment and abuse that now there’s an outlet, everyone’s in there…

Social media has its uses…

Junkyard
    Free Member

i am not sure that social media being used as the modern day equivalent of the lynch mob is necessarily a good thing and that ruining his business is the appropriate response here

moose
    Free Member

@Junkyard, I wouldn’t say that. May make some roadies think twice about spending their money in an establishment run by someone who clearly has an issue sharing the road with cyclist.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

modern day equivalent of the lynch mob

“Lynch mob” means murder, whereas going viral on the internet is just a public shaming.

Actually, I think a bit of a public bashing on Twitter is a completely fitting and proportionate response to his behaviour.

It won’t ruin his business.

Dickyboy

@junkyard – oh the whole I tend to agree with you, but in this instance the guy really only has himself to blame, it’s not like he isn’t media savvy is it? and it is only showing him in his true colours no defamation or anything at all.

aracer
    Free Member

I doubt his business will be ruined by it JY – plenty of people commenting on the DM article who I’m sure would like to shake his hand. Hard to see that a small hit in the pocket for him would be a bad thing, though in reality it’s a very 21st century middle class lynch mob in this case which is unlikely to have much real effect, but might at least make him aware that he is pissing off many of his potential customers by behaving like that.

I do acknowledge that in some cases the social media lynch mob does have more effect, and isn’t necessarily a positive thing.

FWIW about the only thing I tend to use Twitter for is having a go about stuff like this, but I’m not joining in on this one.

brooess
    Free Member

i am not sure that social media being used as the modern day equivalent of the lynch mob is necessarily a good thing and that ruining his business is the appropriate response here

How else do we deal with incidents like this then? It went all the way to the Police and all he got was a fine for a public order offence… where was the charge for dangerous driving?

One of the reasons we/cyclists take an opportunity like this to hit out is because harassment and abuse is a daily occurrence when riding, yet there’s never any Police around to support us in trying to get justice and even when the Law does get involved there’s minimal action… look at all the times someone’s been killed when riding and only fines/points/short sentences result.

We’ve got to change peoples’ behaviour somehow if we want cycling to be a peaceful, safe thing to do instead of the preserve of 30 something+ males who feel confident enough to take on the risk… it people like this guy who scare women, children and everyone else off the road.

If we want cycling to become a mass participation activity then highlighting cases like this are one of the few ways open to us as a community…

this guy’s a victim of nothing except his own inability to deal with his anger… and he looks like he’s got enough cash to pay for a few sessions with a therapist so no excuse for not doing that either!

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Maybe, maybe not JY.

However, I find it hard to feel much sympathy for this man should his business suffer because of this event……..

martinhutch

What a farking liberty.

A tenner for ‘moving components on handlebars’ 😯

Truly an artisanal bike repair experience.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Interesting cross sections of views and I can see both sides of the argument.
    He does deserve some community punishment and we do need some form of protection but I am not comfortable with the way the internet can do a witch hunt [ if lynching is too strong a term]
    Sits on fence pondering

joolsburger
    Free Member
    deviant
    Free Member

‘Monday night in our house is champagne night,’ he says, ‘I do the cooking; we’ll crack open a bottle of champers and the kids are in charge of the music on Sonos.

What he thinks that conveys:

I’m a cool dad, I’m a real man in the kitchen, I’m up to date with music, I’ve got money to spare on champagne each week.

What it actually translates as:

I dress like my kids, I’m an embarrassing dad, I have to cook and commit road rage because I have a small cock and have never satisfied a woman, I splash the cash on champagne to distract from the fact my wife is having numerous affairs with proper sized men who don’t need to shout at cyclists.

He should probably kill himself.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

fact my wife is having numerous affairs with proper sized men

I now have a mental image of him coming home to find his wife pulling a train on Team Astana.

That would show him 🙂

deviant
    Free Member

I expect most of Sarf Laahndan know her intimately if this is how he conducts himself….he’s a weapons grade bellend.

Northwind

Junkyard – lazarus

I think prosecution for at the very least dangerous driving is the appropriate response, and a more significant sentence for the verbal abuse and death threat. But since that’s not going to happen, no wonder people seek what justice they can

PJM1974
    Free Member

The ridiculous thing for me is that Mr Wells attempted to drive the cyclist off the road, before making repeated threats to kill. It’s all recorded on camera and the evidence is pretty damning.

He gets a fine for a public order offence.

Somewhere, there is a copper who really needs a career change.

moose
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure ‘threats to kill’ is a fairly serious offence.

deviant
    Free Member

The changing world around us and people need to modify their behaviour to fit it….if you’re going to have a publicly visible profile on twitter, Facebook etc then you need to behave accordingly…by making yourself a public figure (which is what open profiles on social media effectively do) you have to live with the scrutiny this entails.

Some people (the idiot being discussed on this thread) haven’t made the shift yet, you can’t have it both ways…if you want to have an anonymous private life don’t plaster yourself over the internet.

#edit#…..like I said, small cock syndrome….a most unfortunate photo, his poor wife.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 526 total)

The topic ‘Richmond Park road rage nutjob..’ is closed to new replies.