Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Richard Branson joins war on drugs.
  • bikewhisperer
    Free Member

Same as.. I didn’t really get it. Was never that bothered to try further (for the sake of science, of course!) as I’m not all that over the moon about funding child soldiers.

I agree with the social conditioning thing.. I’ve stopped drinking for the last year, and can still get all hyper and shouty with friends in the pub.

Northwind

TandemJeremy – Member

However it also makes people into horrid stroppy greedy nasty self aggrandising people

Is there not a bit of self selection there? Of the cokeheads I’ve known, the ones that were arses on coke were also arses while not on coke- generally to a lesser extent but still, it seemed to be a magnifier rather than a cause.

That’s not Science obviously but seems to be a common observation.

nacho
    Free Member

Disagree there Northwind, at least in my limited experience – one of my best mates, lovely bloke, funny, kind and generous, coke turned him into a right arrogant t**t and nearly cost him his relationship. Luckily he gave up (with help) before it destroyed him.

Northwind

Don’t mean to imply it’s universal, should have been clearer- just that out of the ones I know, there’s a lot that you’d think “Coke has made you into a bellend” when in fact, they were always bellends.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

A bit of both I think.

I know people in both categories.

No coincidence it was Cameron and Osbournes drug of choice 🙂

teasel
    Free Member

Don’t mean to imply it’s universal, should have been clearer- just that out of the ones I know, there’s a lot that you’d think “Coke has made you into a bellend” when in fact, they were always bellends.

Exactly. Drugs exacerbate various psychological issues not create them.

MSP – I had a friend that claimed the same after tooting a few lines. He was sat on the edge of his seat, leg jogging up and down whilst tapping his palm on the edge of the sofa ranting:-

“…I can’t feel a bloody thing. Let’s get outta here…!”

I doubt that with ‘good shit’ you’d have suffered the placebo effect.

slackalice
    Free Member

Ahem…. Everything in moderation…..including moderation itself.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Richard Branson joins war on drugs.’ is closed to new replies.