Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Ribby Hall? Anyone been?
  • perchypanther
    Free Member

Going to Ribby Hall (near Blackpool) this weekend.

Anyone been? Is it nice?

(No intentions whatsover of venturing into actual Blackpool in February – I can only imagine how grim that would be.)

Harry_the_Spider

It’s pretty good. The missus won us a 4 day break there a couple of years ago.

The accommodation was excellent. Lots of open spaces for the kids to run about in.

The chlorine level in the pool made my eyes turn pink and my shorts fall apart.

Enjoyed the Crazy Golf.

You won’t get into the restaurant on the first night without booking in advance.

yourmywifenow
    Free Member

I have been a few years ago and have a friend who has a static caravan there. It is good for the kids to run around and let off steam, there is a pool and gym. The onsite club is ok and the regular users where fine. A short walk away is a nice little village and pub if you want to get off site. Blackpool is grim all year round!

r8jimbob88
    Free Member

Nope but my wifes boss visits regularly.

jamesy01
    Free Member

Been the last 2 years and booked again this year.
    Think of it as a mini version of centre parc’s with traditional cottages over wooden chalets.
    There are plenty of activities to keep all amused and the pool, whilst not huge, is fine for larking around in with a couple of slides and Jacuzzi’s.
    Never made it to the on-site restaurants or spa but they are always highly regarded and i think the Tapas bar has just been refurbished. As mentioned above there is an excellent pub in Wrea Green just a short walk along the road.
    Blackpool whilst grim is always a reminder of how good the place you live really is and the beaches at Lytham are fantastic.

matt_bl
    Free Member

Done a few triathlons that were based at the club there. The facilities are really good and the accommodation is pretty good too from what I’ve seen.

As Jamesy says, if you want to do beach or a wander round town/up-and-down the prom, Lytham is pretty good.

If the wind’s coming from the west, it can be a little brutal this time of year.

Matt

richardkennerley

Lots of people rave about the “aqua thermal journey,” me and the mrs are thinking about going when we can get a break.

If you go into Lytham, eat at Bosco’s Italian. Went recently, spot on.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Thanks all.

I was really quite excited when my wife sent me an email with the booking details for our Sapphire Cottage.

I misread it thought I was booked in for a weekend of Sapphic Cottaging.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Ribby Hall? Anyone been?’ is closed to new replies.