Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Ribble shocking service shocker.
  • Joe

Ordered some shifters on Thursday from Ribble.

Realised I wanted to order some more bits to take advantage of a package deal, so decided to email them and ask them to cancel the original order (there mail order phone number seems permanantly to be off).

I reordered the package (including another set of shifters) five minutes later.

I got an email from ribble this morning to say:
    'This order has already been printed off the system and is ready to leave us so this cannot be cancelled at this stage.'

I replied asking what on earth they were talking about. If the package hadn't left them, why won't they simply cancel the order.

I then get an email from Ribble saying:

'It is not physically possible to cancel this order. The system won't let this happen once it has got to the confirmed order stage.

If I could cancel it I would!'

A what? A Physical impossibility? It's in a outward mailbag. Get off the computer…or phone down to the mail room and don't put it in the post. The 'system' must have some method of returning items to stock if customers send them back…why can't they use it?

Just take it out the **** mail bag and return the item.

I'm now going to refuse the delivery from Royal Mail and phone my bank to ask them to put a claim against Ribble. Lets waste everyones time and efforts.

I forgot why I don't buy things from them and now I remember. It's simply ridiculous.

amplebrew

Funnily enough, I mentioned Ribbles service earlier on this topic

I would never buy off Ribble after having to deal with them myself and seeing how much grief friends had with them as well.

They might be cheap, but the service is very very very bad.

mrmo
    Free Member

Another case, ordered some wheels they were out of stock and substitued thhe hubs for better ones

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Talkemada
    Free Member

Once it's in the System, it cannot be removed from the System, or else the System would fail catastrophically, causing flooding.

Computer says No.

amplebrew

Talkemada – Member
    Once it's in the System, it cannot be removed from the System, or else the System would fail catastrophically, causing flooding.

Computer says No.

😆 😆 😆

Joe

If Amazon can cancel an order, why can't ribble. Idiots.

zaskar
    Free Member

Ribble aftesales service is rubbish, cheap prices and some nice looking frames but why do you think people pay more on insurance or at John Lewis-they offer better service (at times).

You chose to pay lower prices, you sacrfice the service and then you moan about the service…hey they will get you sorted but it will take a bit longer.

Are your LBS for a discount next time?

MikeWW
    Free Member

Don't think that counts as shocking service. Why did/n,t you just order everything together-sounds simple enough

stevious

Agree with OP. My one and only dealing with Ribble has to be the worst single online transaction I've ever made.

the-muffin-man

Under distance selling regs you've got 7 days to return any item for any reason and get a full refund (excluding your return postage).

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Ribble shocking service shocker.’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts