Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Rhapsody in Blue at Ae (The new descent)
  • simonralli2
    Free Member

Well it’s good to be back on the bike. I was up at Ae on my own and the plan was to check out the new blue descent after a little bit of the red. I really like the start of the red at Ae, and stopped along the way to take various photos.

IMG_6348 by simon ralli, on Flickr

From there it was back on to the fire road, and then a stop at post 12 to have some munchies. The post seemed to be pointing across the cross roads, but I checked my old map and it said straight down, which is where I went. The blue then goes along the river, and I found a very picturesque spot for another rest and more photos.

IMG_6376 by simon ralli, on Flickr

IMG_6378 by simon ralli, on Flickr

There were some flowers on the bank of the river in memory of someone’s love

IMG_6384 by simon ralli, on Flickr

I only saw one couple as I crossed the bridge back to the car park, and was wondering how to get to the final blue descent. It was only on checking the map at the car park that I realised where I had gone wrong at post 12 😳

I was tired but was glad to back round the blue to check out the new line

IMG_6406 by simon ralli, on Flickr

IMG_6412 by simon ralli, on Flickr

This is quite short but extremely sweet. OK, it is not on a par with Glentress, but a very welcome addition to the blue at Ae. As I was riding towards the start of this section, looking up there was still more hill, so it makes you wonder what could be achieved with more budget.

Overall a great ride getting back in the saddle, and for learners and people like me the blue is great, and for those out with less able riders this will add some fun if you hit it fast. It also makes for some added mixing up of the red, blue and dare I say orange at Ae for something a little different. If like me you stop to enjoy the foliage and views, it’s a great little alternative to the main red for tired legs. Well done to all those who had a hand in building it.

RustyMac

looks nice, and am sure it will get even better as thoes trees develop.

nc21

Simon
    There are a couple of routes down from the top of the hill you mention – one on each side, both can be linked to blue descent.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Cheers – that’s a great tip as I have never been off piste at Ae.

eyerideit
    Free Member

Where’s Ae and why’s there flowers this time of year?

😳 i’ve read the caption now

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Did the new blue in Nov and loved it, pretty fast and you could easily get into trouble if you were not careful.

The blue at Ae is actually a nice wee ride now, perfect of a night ride.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

How long is the blue?

rOcKeTdOg

Sao Paulo looks a bit celtic in those pics

stevewhyte
    Free Member

I think it’s about 10km.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Ideal for a couple of laps as a nightride, I’ll need to get down.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Rhapsody in Blue at Ae (The new descent)’ is closed to new replies.