Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • RF Crank Installation Help Required (Chainline/Spindle Spacer content)
  • KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

I'm installaing a new crankset to my bike but I'm having difficulty setting it up.

I removed the old Evolve XC crankset. This had 1 x 1mm spacer non-drive side and 1 x 1mm spacer drive side.

So I install the new crankset as it came from the box with a pre-assembled 1 x 1mm spacer non-drive and 1 drive side. The drive side also includes a red 1 x 1mm spacer directly attached to the crank. Apparently this setup is the nominal 50mm chainline.

Everything seems fine on the workstand in big and middle rings but it won't change to the granny. So then I removed the spacer on the drive side (just leaving the red) and the same happens.

I've just spoke to Orange and they recommend none on the non-drive and one on the drive side. This is not one of the options in the installation manual?

Anyone else done this before that can offer some much needed advice? Especially as the bike is in the kitchen and it needs to be back in the shed before the girlfriend gets home. (I should also do some work but important things first).

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

If not can any Orange 5 owners with Deus XC cranksets check? Can you see a black and red spacer (from the bb towards crankset)?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘RF Crank Installation Help Required (Chainline/Spindle Spacer content)’ is closed to new replies.