• This topic has 18 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by womp.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Reynolds strike SLG vs Mavic cosmic SLE ? – Canyon Aeroad 2015
  • womp
    Free Member

Reynolds strike SLG vs Mavic cosmic SLE ?

Ive ordered a Canyon Aeroad 7.0 Di2, but I’m now thinking of changing it for the 8.0 with Reynold strike’s

The only other difference is the Stem/arrangement which i expect to change on both models so it’s really down to the wheels

any thoughts / experience / wisdom ?

womp
    Free Member

bump 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

The 8.0 is 150g heavier, which presumably is largely in the wheels. Not sure I’d pay £300 more for them… The Mavics are heavy anyway, but at least you’ll get excellent (if noisy) braking.

TiRed

As nick says, go with the alloy braking surface. Stopping in the wet is much under-rated 😉

MrSmith
    Free Member

the reynolds. purely based on width, Mavic seem slow to catch up to the benefits of wider road rims.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

The only other difference is the Stem/arrangement which i expect to change on both models so it’s really down to the wheels

if you wanna flog the integrated bar/stem – give us a shout 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

the reynolds. purely based on width, Mavic seem slow to catch up to the benefits of wider road rims.

Mmmm, not sure about that. Reckon you could make the bike faster with the £300 you save on the Mavics, the aero benefits won’t be that marked.

womp
    Free Member

I may be better saving the £300 and putting it towards a set of wide farsports or just get the 8.0 and sell the integrated bar/stem to Dirtyrider for £300 🙂

MrSmith
    Free Member

Mmmm, not sure about that. Reckon you could make the bike faster with the £300 you save on the Mavics, the aero benefits won’t be that marked.

i dont care about the aero. just prefer the better rolling resistance and tyre profile you get with a wider rim.

maesrichard1
    Free Member

I have ordered the new canyon 8.0 with the reynolds. Im not sure if i will sell them or keep them, has anybody found a review of them online, or has anyone any ideas about them?

DT78
    Free Member

I’ve been debating the same issue. Do the Reynolds have an alloy braking service or not? There doesn’t seem to be many user reviews.

I would have thought the mavics would be easier to sell onwards if need be.

njee20
    Free Member

i dont care about the aero. just prefer the better rolling resistance and tyre profile you get with a wider rim.

I’m decidedly meh on that, not £300 worth IMO!

maesrichard1
    Free Member

The braking surface is Carbon and the bike is also fitted with reynolds special brake pad that improves braking in the wet by over 30%. I just wondering are they better than the mavic cosmic sle because they are cheaper to buy.

ac282

The red looks better especially with the aero handlebars. To me that would be worth £300 of your money.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

that improves braking in the wet by over 30%

30% of piss poor, is still piss poor

womp
    Free Member

They do both models in red

Reynolds review here link

Im not convinced on the integrated bar, well not until you are 100% sure of the stem length required
    bars / stems
    And then you can’t attach tri bars also garmin and light mounting options may also be limited, does look great though

Carbon brakes are shit but Its the only way to get strong lightweight aero wheels, maybe we will see a hydro disc brake option next year

dirtyrider
    Free Member

what i like about the stem.bars is the integrated hidden junction box, need more people making this type of thing

maesrichard1
    Free Member

Ya that junction box is the snizz. Cant wait for the bike to arrive. only 4 more weeks now. Im still wondering about the wheels to know if they are any good

womp
    Free Member

Before this thread dies here is another link to a Reynolds wheelset review

http://www.220triathlon.com/gear/gear-guides/best-race-wheels-review-2015/9843-2.html

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Reynolds strike SLG vs Mavic cosmic SLE ? – Canyon Aeroad 2015’ is closed to new replies.