Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Reynolds 853, swappable dropouts, 130mm capability, under £300?
  • james
    Free Member

Sorry if this has been up here before

more here

Looks pretty good, I'm quite tempted, especially by the kawasaki green paint option. On paper looks better than a Kinesis Decade Virsa (cheaper and 853 but still available in green and with swappable dropouts). Am I missing anything? Pipedream doesn't seem to get talked about all the time, at least on here?

EDIT: somethings up with the pictures. Go forward a page (eg follow the link), then go back to this post and they seem to show then

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I have it on good authority that those won't be the colours.

los
    Free Member

Looks like black, silver and green will be confirmed, with maybe gold, bronze and possibly the two-colour job on the website. Still waiting for mine ordered early October for a November delivery. They do sound good though…

ddmonkey

Hmmm. v intersted. When are the 2010 frames due?

los
    Free Member

Originally they said late October/early November, but's that was when they were thinking of doing them in 725; haven't heard an ETA since they swithced to 853 – can't be long though

clubber
    Free Member

They seem like nice enough bikes but there's just always been something about the way that they look that puts me off – maybe the extended seat tube/seat stays join.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Very good price even if they do look very old school.

Both the reviews on their site stated that 100mm was the most suitable length of fork, which seems a shame given its designed for up to 130mm.

ddmonkey

Just placed pre-order, 2010 frames still being made apparently…

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

These are the colours I'm told.

RAL 9011 – Graphite Black
    RAL 9006 – Grey Aluminium (metallic)
    RAL 6018 – Yellow Green
    RAL 8029 – Pearl Copper (metallic)
    Pantone 8642C – Gold (metallic)

plus a two tone one like in the pic is a possibility.

Sometime in January is the latest I'm told.

Leku
    Free Member

Just ordered a small in Black.

Told it should be about 4lbs.

Shipment due mid Jan.

Cant wait 😀

aphex_2k
    Free Member

As a 631 Pipedream owner…

130mm on the forks is fine with a 40 or 50mm stem and 680mm bars.

Also re: colour options. Can't you get a pretty decent powdercoat for not much money at all? In fact, can't Pipedream custom do custom paint? I'm sure they could for the older models.

ddmonkey

Hmmm fingers crossed its a good as it sounds…

atlaz
    Free Member

I recall some thread where people had issues with ordering or getting what they'd ordered or something. Or am I mistaken (and it is VERY likely that I am)?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Reynolds 853, swappable dropouts, 130mm capability, under £300?’ is closed to new replies.