Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Revs Stanchion Wear
  • mundiesmiester
    Free Member

Have a set of 2011 RLTi revalations about 7 months old – did a lowers service from new to be on the safe side. Brilliant fork and all is good so decided to do a full service today to keep things sweet. On pulling the lowers off I instantly notice there is what looks like bushing wear on both stanchions – not scratched just worn. The bushes themselves look fine and there is no slop, is this an issue?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

worn or discoloured, if the latter – normal “staining”

mundiesmiester
    Free Member

Discoloured but they definitly follow the pattern shape of the bushing around the full circumfrence of the stanchion and they were not there whenever I first serviced them.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

mine were like that – staining apparently

mundiesmiester
    Free Member

Cheers Rob

rob-jackson
    Free Member

no probs – just to clarify does it look like a “less gold” ring round where the bushing is? if so, no issue. I posted a pig about 6 months ago about the same issue if you can be arsed to look through my history

Northwind

Mine are stained, it’s not a problem… Though, can’t guarantee that’s what you’ve got of course.

kimbers

cruzheckler – Member………I posted a pig about 6 months ago

rob-jackson
    Free Member

lol, pic

Del

‘staining’?
    sorry, but i strongly your stanchions will be showing aluminium through in 6 months to a year. handily just outside warranty. feel your pain. i had some revs show wear at about 12 months.

Northwind

Del – Member

‘staining’?
    sorry, but i strongly your stanchions will be showing aluminium through in 6 months to a year.

This is interesting, because my Revs have had their staining from new and it hasn’t changed at all in 2 years.

Flaperon

Use your fingernail on the stanchion – you’ll be able to tell straight away whether it’s genuine wear or just staining. (Long term Fox owner here so I should know…)

winrya
    Free Member

Anyone got any pics of sanction staining?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Revs Stanchion Wear’ is closed to new replies.