Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • revolution series – October – Lee valley park?
  • sniffthebreeze
    Free Member

Hi,
    I have booked tickets for the Saturday evening, assuming i could park on site – DOH!
    Does anybody know if the ’20 minute’ walk back to Stratford station is safe at 10.30pm, or can i get a cab form outside the front door of the velodrome?
    Any knowledge would be appreciated.

Thanks, in advance.

Sniff!

hjghg5
    Free Member

We were there in march for the last one but tickets are a bit pricey compared to the other rounds so not sure about this year.

The walk is fine. There will be a full velodrome of people heading in the same direction.

bikebouy
    Free Member

You are fine!!

What area do you think this is?

Ohhh ok, bit rough East Lonjon yeah?

Naaahhhh most (nearly all) of that kinda stuffs gone, it’s big open areas with loads of street lighting and cameras everywhere now, certainly if you on the Oly Park, and by the station it’s rammed with security.
    Not only that the walk from the Velo to the Station takes you past the Shopping Ctr bit and thats rammed with securty guards..

It ain’t wot it used to be you know.. 😉

sniffthebreeze
    Free Member

Thanks for the comments Chaps!
    Apols, i am from the country! Last time i was in the area looking for a hotel, the SATNAV sent me via some ‘interesting routes’ and i was not sure how much of the infrastructure remained after said olympics.

Bikebouy, please send my regards to Si Payne – i used to bump into him a little in low riders, then occasionally in 600’s

Alan Lockhart is my name!

rgds.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘revolution series – October – Lee valley park?’ is closed to new replies.