Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Revolution bike park on a hardtail
  • allmtndave
    Free Member

Hi guys and gals,

Is Revolution bike park worth the journey when using a hardtail? Or is it full of braking bumps and other bone rattling things.

Cheers Dave

jonnym92

Good luck. I have thought about it but ended up borrowing a bike.
    The freeride & red line will be doable but there are some big breaking bumps and ruts knocking about. I don’t think I’d enjoy it on the hardtail.
    Maybe go to Stiniog instead, the blues and reds would be fine. I’ve seen people do the blacks on a hardtail too.

mindmap3
    Free Member

It’d be doable but not sure how much fun it’d be. Ghetto track was pretty beaten up when I was last there at the end of September.

I hat sort of stuff do you normally ride on a hardtail?

allmtndave
    Free Member

I ride anything really apart from tons of braking bumps. I don’t mind rough trails but when its constant and at high speed (if you can get any speed) its not much fun. For me if it’s rough id rather it be nice and technical.

snorkelsucker
    Free Member

Assuming your bike is a reasonably robust/aggro HT and not an XC lightweight machine, it is do-able, yes. Both the red trails are smooth and flowy up top. Where they meet the ghetto track it gets slower and techy but then opens up at the bottom quarry section. There is also a new lower red section that looks (from what I have seen online) to be a series of big, flowing berms.

I’m not sure whether the black runs would be a whole heap of fun on a hardtail but there isn’t anything stopping you trying!

To be honest having ridden both I would say that a hardtail is better suited to Revolution than Antur Stiniog. Antur is tough enough on a full suss, even on the blue and red, and the surface/rocks are definitely more puncture prone than at Revolution.

You need to be a decent level to ride Revolution full stop, so assuming you are that, then to be honest riding a hardtail or a full suss isn’t so much about being able to cope technically rather cope physically.

What isn’t in doubt is how awesome Revolution is and they do now have a hire fleet of DH bikes if the HT really isn’t working out.

thepodge
    Free Member

Mate of mine did it and loved it

kayak23

It would be character building. 😀
    I’d try it as some tracks are tech enough to be slightly lower speeds.
    It’s the easiest tracks (If there are easier tracks at Revo) that’ll be the roughest.

allmtndave
    Free Member

I ask as I don’t want it to be a wasted trip coming from York. I’ve managed les gets, morzine (you can see why I don’t enjoy braking bumps) and Chamonix with no up close views of French soil thankfully. If there are some nice flowing sections with some nice jumps ill make the trip. But if I’m there for that ill have to have a go at every thing.

Bike is a 2016 Orange Crush S with some little upgrades 😉

kayak23

Defo not as rough as Morzine/Les Gets, and obviously not as long.
    If that’s your benchmark, you’ll most likely consider it glassy smooth 😀

It’s rough, but not relentless rough like Les Gets.

allmtndave
    Free Member

Cheers guys. I’ll give it a go then. Thanks for the replies and advice.

Happy shredding

Cheers Dave

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Revolution bike park on a hardtail’ is closed to new replies.