Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Reviving an eVent jacket
  • Teedertodder

Hi folks,

My old Rab coat is in need of a fix, Rab tried to fix it but said it had “delaminated” at the neck area and was letting water through.
    Washed and proofed with Nikwax frequently over its life, but not after every use which is what the guy seemed to suggest (yeah sure).

Anyone had success with iron on Goretex patches?

Will probably gaffer tape the inside rather than “bin it” as I was advised…

Any advice appreciated!

Ta

Howie

ransos
    Free Member

Anyone had success with iron on Goretex patches?

Yes, but that was for repairs to the outside of a jacket (tears from falling off my bike). Yours sounds like damage to the inside?

Anyway, the patches stuck on well and survived several washes.

VanMan
    Free Member

Could always try speaking to this company who may be able to repair what Rab can’t/won’t.

pjt201
    Free Member

I had a similar issue with a Rab event jacket delamination, and similarly they told me I hadn’t washed it enough. In the end they offered me a cheap replacement which they eventually didn’t charge me for. Not sure there’s a practical way to solve the delamination though, sorry! Their explanation that it happened because it was dirty seemed like a sack of crock to me though!

Teedertodder

Hi folks,

Cheers, for the tips.
    Maybe I should wash more frequently too 😉

H

dan1980
    Free Member

I’d argue that washing would actually increase the speed at which the membrane will delaminate, as one of the main contributors to this is repeated scrunching of the fabric, something that happens when it gets thrown around the drum of your machine.

It would be interesting to know how old the jacket actually is.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Reviving an eVent jacket’ is closed to new replies.