Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • reviving an anodized finish?
  • renton
    Free Member

ive gt a 2005 enduro pro with the anodized finish which is looking a bit tired.

before i go to the expense of stripping it down and getting it powdercoated i was wondering if there was anything else i could try??

i have washed it with soappy water and it looks fine when its wet but as soon as it drys it looks faded again??

here are some pics to give you and idea on the finish…..

you can see in the last picutre how much its faded??

do you think its save-able ??

cheers

steve

alanf
    Free Member

I would say not, looks as though its wearing off, and as its a coating like anything else you would need to re-apply to get it looking better.
    I could be completely wrong but I reckon you'd need to get re-anodised to get a good result. The powder coating option looks the best then.

tumnurkoz
    Free Member

gt85works a treat. i had a purple zaskar le which turned pink! i took it to an anodising company in peterborough who stripped, polished and anodised it blue for £90. never as nice as the purple tho.' for that type of finish, give it a spray with gt85 first and see how it comes up, might save a lot of money, time and effort!

IA

IIRC furniture polish can also help. Prolly just do the same as GT85 tho.

pinches
    Free Member

yeah, GT85/WD40 will remove that patchy effect, you will need to re-apply it from time to time.

I also like to use silicone spray (the kind from car shops to make rubber grommets/boots slide over electrical connectors easily) seams to last a bit longer.

renton
    Free Member

chers ofr that, its definatley not wearing off, its as though its being washed with something a bit to strong previous and faded it a bit.

just tried some gt85 stuff ive got and it looks like new!! 😀

well happy with that

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘reviving an anodized finish?’ is closed to new replies.