Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Reverbs, how many failed this weekend?
  • pickle
    Free Member

Just wondered how many people had failures with theirs this weekend?

legend
    Free Member

were they meant to self-destruct on 3/4/16?! Mine was dissapointing fine in that case 🙁

pickle
    Free Member

Just wondered how many people had issues with them over the weekend?

teamslug
    Free Member

I sat on mine and pressed the button it went down, when I’d done my radical gnarly riding I pressed it again and it went up. I have 2 and never any issues at all.

johnw1984
    Free Member

a Friend’s seized up half way, but my Wife’s has been fine for over 6 months.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

7 reverbs on our bikes in the lakes, rode Friday, Saturday and sunday. No issues.

Tyres and crank arms were a different story mind you!

tomhoward

My three were fine, thanks for asking.

For why do you ask? And why this one specific weekend? Did yours break and you feel stranded on lonely island? Or are you a hater that just wants to bask in schadenfreude?

Edit: ah, I see it’s the latter.

Rubber_Buccaneer

One working fine the other didn’t get used but is most likely fine

pipiom
    Free Member

2 X ok, other 1 went down,stayed down,again!!

timmys

2x reverbs both for ~two years. Bleed one once, other than that not touched them. More reliable than the two KS posts I had previously (and no dealing with Mr Superstar under one of his alias if they go wrong).

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Mine failed to drop at all, no matter how hard I pushed my thumb.
    Then I realised it was a standard non-dropper Thomson on my hardtail, but my thumb wouldn’t stop going for the button.
    Looks like my new build isn’t actually finished and I need to go shopping…

slowbloke
    Free Member

1 working fine and has been for years. 1 needs bleeding or something as it only goes down slowly on maximum speed and is locked out for the rest of the adjustment range – LBS are going to look at it when I’m next over that way as it’s new.

ThePinkster

Both of mine are still working fine after several years of abuse.

Mind you I didn’t ride this weekend, perhaps that’s what I’m doing wrong?

mintimperial

Pretty sure both mine are fine, although I’ve not checked specifically as they always have been fine ever since I bought them, and all the others I’ve owned over the years.

poah
    Free Member

mine is fine but I’m buying a KS with southpaw for my hornet (100mm isn’t enough). don’t like the reverb button or the bleeding they need.

philjunior
    Free Member

By the looks of it, quite a few despite the fairly defensive/sensitive types saying “not mine”. (Not that I’m defending my dropper post, it’s reliable in its own high maintenance way, but I’d have a reverb if it was available in a size to fit my frames.)

ads678

Sorry for being sensitive or defensive but mine was fine this weekend as well.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

2x reverb, never had an issue. One that was 3 years old went in for a service via LBS. Was working fine but needed shimming. They replaced it with a new one. Top service for £25

russyh
    Free Member

Jeez, mine were both fine this weekend….Well i say that one of them still drops 10mm when I sit on it, has done for months needs a service! and the other has only just come back from a total rebuild, following catastrophic meltdown.

LoCo
    Free Member

For this to be fair you’d have to factor in the total number of Reverbs in use against the number that had issues and then do this for other dropper brands and models 😉

You’ll always get more giving issues as they’re the most used/fitted dropper post 😕

PS mine didn’t explode and castrate me, sorry to disappoint you 😉 saying that it’s non dropper post…

sofaboy73
    Free Member

fine. never really had any issues with them. i’ve had 2 over the past 6 years and all i’ve had to have done is get one of them fully serviced after 3.5 years of abuse as oil was getting into the air chamber and the collar bushing had swollen meaning it was getting sticky. in my mind, pretty much fit and forget

mintimperial

For this to be fair you’d have to factor in the total number of Reverbs in use against the number that had issues and then do this for other dropper brands and models

I think that’s kind of what us sensitive/defensive types who post up to say we haven’t broken our Reverbs are trying to do… 😉

beano68
    Free Member

I’m on my 3rd reverb stealth warranty replacement in 14 months ! .. might now look at other options ,that is if there are any.

STATO
    Free Member

I wonder if it is asking how many ‘failed’ and were sent back for warranty replacement with the new B1 version.

pickle
    Free Member

I was honestly just interested to know if many people had issues with them over the weekend.

Seems not which is good

oldtalent
    Free Member

Not this weekend, but last weekend, does that count?
    Went down, stayed down. A bleed has resolved it, but it still drops 10mm or so. 18 months old so still covered it seems. Will get around to sending it back some when.

welshfarmer

My old one decided to go down and stay down last week. I have fixed it 3 times now but last fix has held for a year. Checked air and it was completely empty, so it had suffered a catastrophic air loss somehow. Pumped back up to 250 and it is still holding fine. Not sure whether to trust it though as I have a 3.5 hour orienteering race next Sunday

taxi25
    Free Member

As some people have no end of trouble with Reverbs, and others never have a problem is there a common link. Something about the way they ride, or use a reverb that’s causing them to fail ?

220si
    Free Member

I think my failed at the wkend.

Its sagging about 15-20mm now.

Lowers and rises great but sags at any given point.

Gave it a quick bleed and no fix.

220si
    Free Member

I think my failed at the wkend.

Its sagging about 15-20mm now.

Lowers and rises great but sags at any given point.

Gave it a quick bleed and no fix.

jam-bo

I had loads of problems with mine until I removed it, reterminated all the fittings and refitted it. been spot on ever since.

jimw
    Free Member

Mine worked. As it has done every time for two years without even a bleed.

beano68
    Free Member

Taxi25, its not a case of how some people ride .. 3 of mine where sent back as they all dropping 25mm + and 1 of them was only a week old .. I don’t ride a lot anymore and they still fail

Rubber_Buccaneer

Failures certainly aren’t uncommon. Mine have been fine so far but one was a warranty replacement on an ex-demo bike replaced because I noticed it had some ‘bounce’ before I bought the bike.

dirtydog
    Free Member

@220psi check the air pressure, mine was doing that, the air pressure had dropped.

No issues with mine in over three years, other than the air needing to be topped up.

jambalaya
    Free Member

People I rode with where always complaining that theirs are broken so I can understand the question

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Reverbs, how many failed this weekend?’ is closed to new replies.